OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kudos to Colorado!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kudos to Colorado!
    Posted: September/11/2013 at 14:20
Those of us who cherish Liberty, Constitutional rights, and the rule of law had a stunning victory this week in Colorado, as state senate president John Morse and state senator Angela Giron were KICKED OUT OF OFFICE in a recall election yesterday:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/11/colorado-dems-face-historic-recall-over-gun-votes/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/9/miller-colorado-recall-election-call-arms-against-/

This is fantastic news, as it sends a very clear warning to anti-gun politicians everywhere. The best part about this is it was totally a grassroots movement organized by citizens and the NRA. What's most remarkable about this is it's the first recall election in Colorado's history, and it required grassroots activists to start a petition and get the minimum 10,000 signatures for the recall to occur in the first place. Sweetening the pot is the fact that Michael Bloomberg donated $350,000 in an attempt to counter the recall effort. The weak-kneed GOP didn't even lend support to this initiative.

If you read the comments about this on liberal blog sites, the leftists are going berserk over the results!

Way to go, Colorado!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 15:01
Agree 99%

1% Only downside I see is now the liberals may try to use it to oust Conservatives.
Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 15:17
ExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellent
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 15:50
ExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellent
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
stateside View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stateside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 18:17
This is good news but, CO is a blue state. The high population areas are overwhelmingly progressive.
Care full of what you wish for a state full of yuppies will ALWAYS vote blue.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 19:21
Well, the Western Slope ain't blue.....Colorado needs to run some real conservatives!  Not all Hispanics are Lefties!!  
Visit the Ed Show
stateside View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stateside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 20:00
CO is getting younger and browner in turn blue'r. The yuppies are overrunning the state. I would be surprised if we ever see them return to red.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 21:50
Originally posted by stateside stateside wrote:

This is good news but, CO is a blue state. The high population areas are overwhelmingly progressive.
Care full of what you wish for a state full of yuppies will ALWAYS vote blue.

Why the "yeah but..." negativity? We all know CO has become a blue state of late. What does that have to do with this? Giron was voted out by a higher margin (60% to 40%) than Morse, DESPITE A HIGHER DEMOCRAT TURNOUT MARGIN, IN A PREDOMINANTLY DEMOCRAT DISTRICT!

So, in this instant, even with more D's than R's showing up at the polls, the citizens didn't "ALWAYS vote blue" as you postulated. It wasn't even close in the case of Giron's recall; it was an old fashioned ass-whuppin'.

Even if we accept that everything you said is true and it's as hopeless as you indicate, should we just give up and concede defeat in everything? If people took that defeatist attitude, this never would have happened. You always lose every fight you forfeit. We (pro 2nd A folks) all won, not just Coloradans, and I don't understand how this can be viewed in any other way than overwhelmingly positive. "Careful what you wish for?" Would it have been better that the recall never took place, leaving politicians in office who pushed for unconstitutional legislation against their constituency's wishes? Would it have been better that the recall vote failed to get them removed from office? That would have only emboldened anti-gun politicians to try even more of this crap. This was the only good outcome for 2nd Amendment rights.

Maybe CO will always be blue overall, maybe not. I'm not buying into the idea that there's no hope there. They aren't as solidly blue as states like CA, NY, and MN. I have a friend who lives in Denver and he told me they are 1 seat away from the state senate turning Republican again. CO is a swing state, and the political winds change over time.

This is a WIN for us, dammit! Why throw cold water on it?!!!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 22:20
This was not the Republicans speaking. The Republicans did not support this recall. This was the citizens of Colorado. Ordinary people holding the politicians accountable for not following the wishes of the people that put them in office. When this action is repeated in the rest of the states then we may be able to retrieve the country that we were born in. Get rid of this NEW WORLD ORDER. Lets go back to America. Land of the free and home of the brave.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
stateside View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stateside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 22:46
I know CO quite well. As Cali keeps slitting its own throat with regulations, taxes, etc. More Californians move to places like CO. this combined with legal and illegal immigrants. CO is an outdoor lifestyle friendly state this in turn attracts yuppies, environmentalists, etc.
Go to any ski resort, park like Rocky Mountain national park, the incline over at Pikes peak or, towns like Vail, Aspen, Crested Butte, Glenwood springs.
You will have look far and wide to find any conservative leaning trends any where in that state and, if do find any their influence and numbers are fleeting at best.

Not trying to throw cold water on anything. Just pointing out the reality that while there may be a speed bump here and there CO generally is speeding to being a true blue state quite similar to New Mexico. Sad but true.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 22:48
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

This was not the Republicans speaking. The Republicans did not support this recall. This was the citizens of Colorado. Ordinary people holding the politicians accountable for not following the wishes of the people that put them in office.

Yep, and that's both great and not so great.

Great because the fact it didn't get GOP support means it was a greater uphill battle that still succeeded and sent a strong message to politicians who might be tempted to push for more "gun control."

Not so great because the party that's supposed to be representing us conservatives don't have our backs. They've been taking us for granted and selling us out. Unfortunately, we have a 2 party system, and no other viable alternative at the present, so we're faced with always voting for the "lesser of 2 evils."

Ted

RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 22:53
Originally posted by stateside stateside wrote:

I know CO quite well. As Cali keeps slitting its own throat with regulations, taxes, etc. More Californians move to places like CO. this combined with legal and illegal immigrants. CO is an outdoor lifestyle friendly state this in turn attracts yuppies, environmentalists, etc.
Go to any ski resort, park like Rocky Mountain national park, the incline over at Pikes peak or, towns like Vail, Aspen, Crested Butte, Glenwood springs.
You will have look far and wide to find any conservative leaning trends any where in that state and, if do find any their influence and numbers are fleeting at best.

Not trying to throw cold water on anything. Just pointing out the reality that while there may be a speed bump here and there CO generally is speeding to being a true blue state quite similar to New Mexico. Sad but true.

Not disputing any of that, state.

So again, if anything, it makes this win for our side all the better. How is this recall anything but a win for our side? We all know we're losing ground in some states. Should we just give up and surrender our principles?

This was a HUGE check in the "Win" column for us.
Ted

stateside View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stateside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 23:04
I agree but, I am guarded on getting my hopes up. The media being a cheerleader for the progressive groups and filtering the news given to public.
They also being able dictate national speech it will not be long they will be dictating state affairs.

Its looking more and more like the conservatives are the frog in the water in the pot on the hot stove - oblivious.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 23:12
Haven't you got some puppies to torture somewhere, state?

This is my thread, and I want it to remain positive, dammit. I haven't had much to be hopeful about in the world of politics in quite some time, so I want to savor this. If you have other thoughts, I'd appreciate it if you'd take your woe elsewhere. Thanks.
Ted

Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 23:27
Stateside, just who pissed in your wheaties? 
stateside View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stateside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 23:30
Sorry, its not in my nature to see the glass half full - I need to look to the positive more.
stateside View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stateside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 23:31
I got to quite watching cable news I guess.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2013 at 05:04
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Haven't you got some puppies to torture somewhere, state?

This is my thread, and I want it to remain positive, dammit. I haven't had much to be hopeful about in the world of politics in quite some time, so I want to savor this. If you have other thoughts, I'd appreciate it if you'd take your woe elsewhere. Thanks.

X2

Excellent Excellent Smile
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2013 at 05:15
What a GREAT win for America... at least that portion of America that still believes in the Constitution, still strives for freedom and individual liberty. 
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." George Bernard Shaw (quoted by John F Kennedy).

I ask "why" sometimes, but it's the "why not" that keeps me going...

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2013 at 05:20
X3,way to go ExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellent
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic