OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Falcon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semperfi77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Falcon
    Posted: September/10/2013 at 17:25
Is the falcon menace a good scope? Lookin for a scope in the 500 dollar range for my 300win mag tact. Any help will help thanks.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2013 at 17:39
Spend a tad more and get a ss 3-15 or 3-9
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2013 at 07:07
The problem with the Chinese made scopes is the consumer is the only real quality control. You might get a good one right off, or it might take a few rounds of of testing their customer service... Not worth the time or money in my book! Especially on a thumper, like a 300 win-mag.

If you can't stretch the budget, I would suggest either a 12x, 16x fixed SS. At $300, they have decent glass, and rock-solid adjustments!

These are the two already suggusted by SVT.

I can personally vouch for the SS fixed scopes and the 3-15,  I also have a 5-20 HD. All have been great tracking scopes that perform well above their price!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
.308WIN View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308WIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2013 at 06:17
I've seen decent review on the Falcon. But for a thumper like you have any of the fixed power SWFA 10X thru 16X would be the way to go in my book for around $300.

AS far as the variable power goes the Falcon was the budget scope. A little more cash and you can get a SFWA 3-9 such as earlier suggested for around $550 I think. I've heard some great reviews.

As far as the budget model fixed power scopes the Bushnell 10X is around $250 but the SWFA models for an extra $50 is well worth it.

I've picked up a SWFA 6X and plan on getting the 16X soon.

Shoot more and more often.
.308WIN
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2013 at 09:35
A buddy had one. I looked through it a number of times and came to the conclusion that you could do better for the same money.

Checking out the sample list would be a very good way to stretch your budget and get a nice scope to meet your needs.
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2013 at 09:37
BTW what are you going to use it for and at what ranges are you shooting? That way we can give you better suggestions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic