OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

5.5x20x50mm SWFA Super Sniper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fotis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5.5x20x50mm SWFA Super Sniper
    Posted: September/06/2013 at 16:57
Is this scope rated for 50 caliber 375 Cheytac etc?

Any input?

Edited by cheaptrick - September/06/2013 at 17:08
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2013 at 17:20
Yes.

No issues.

Can handle springer rifles as well.

.950 JDJ rated!!!

No one
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2013 at 13:12
Fotis --
I hated having to delete your latest 2 posts in this thread, but you attached a link or multiple links that somehow corrupted the whole thread, causing an endless stream of jibberish -- random letters, numbers, and symbols -- below your post and prevented anyone else from replying to the thread. I'm not sure what happened there technically, what caused it, or how to prevent it from happening again, but I saw no other option than to delete the posts causing the problem.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2013 at 13:49
I went through his first post and deleted all but what is there now. It was a BUNCH of gibberish.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Fotis View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fotis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2013 at 14:23
OK  Basically it was a link to the following.  I posted this on LRH:

375 Viersco mag 375 VM2 short neck proprietary cartridge.   One of a kind.

The 375 Viersco Magnum was developed for the super long range" Hard Target Interdiction" rifles. 

Ballistics:
33.5" barrel test 

375gn Cutting Edge bullet
H-BMG 50 powder
3300 fps
9100 Foot pounds at the muzzle

3000 yds super sonic 
------------------------------------

350gn Predator solid
H-BMG50
3450 fps

Here she is

Custom action from Dave Viers, 34" Lilja barrel 1"9 twist to facilitate up to 450 gr 375 bullets.  Manners stock. etc.

The cartridge  compared to 338 RUM and 280 AI---180 gr capacity

Theoretically it will launch 260 accubonds at 4000 fps but it will not stabilize them.

Here is the webpage.....Yes that is my rifle on it!!!

http://www.blackdiamondrifles.com/375_Viersco_Magnum.html

http://www.blackdiamondrifles.com/375_VM_Test_Results.html

Anyway I posted the above on Long Range Hunting ad some questioned the SSHD's ability to handle my rifle's recoil.

<.length;r++var>
Fotis View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fotis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2013 at 14:29
Here she is scoped.

<.length;r++var>
<.length;r++var>
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2013 at 14:32
Dude looks like your browser has some coupon addon, or tool bar or addware attached to it. This usually happens when the women folk use the computer and down load all those damn couponing programs. ;).

Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Fotis View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fotis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2013 at 14:32
The gibberish  is in all my posts I guess.  I have to post and then go and edit my post and delete the crap out.  This is the only site that does this to me.<.length;r++var>

Edited by Fotis - September/08/2013 at 16:34
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2013 at 15:35
We know it's not intentional. Thanks for the pictures. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Fotis View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fotis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2013 at 16:30
Anyway the whole deal is that People on LRH said that the SS HD is not rated for such a big gun.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2013 at 16:49
I would ask them where they got the data that verified that the SS will not stand up.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2013 at 17:17
Whoever said that was very mistaken.

I have had the 5-20 on 800rnds of 408CT loaded extremely hot and about 3k of 338 loaded to max and have not experienced any issues.

I have not heard of the round you are using or that the builder has posted but I am sure it will do some crazy distance...

I am reduced to just sticking to the .338LM and will probably never go any bigger again, I am limiting my long shots to around 2km at max and 1km for practice. 

It is true that some very different wildcats are coming out but the .338LM and the .408CT were my favorites.

Heck now the 220gr and 230gr .308 can be pushed to extremes of 1.5km if you have the barrel...

I wish you all the best and hope you post when you have her singing for you.

One question would be is it all custom brass and components where are you getting it from???

I found that few and far between on the improved or wildcat category and long long lead times with dies and the such and then they bend you over...
No one
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2013 at 17:44
Very interesting rifle... 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2013 at 18:26
That is one hell of a pipe,good luck with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Fotis View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fotis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2013 at 18:45
http://www.blackdiamondrifles.com/375_Viersco_Magnum.html

That is the rifle
<.length;r++var><.length;r++var>

Edited by Fotis - September/08/2013 at 18:50
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic