OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Ammo and Component Shortage easing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ammo and Component Shortage easing?
    Posted: August/30/2013 at 18:38
A  reliable source tells me that Hornady is caught up and will resume production of their full range of ammo and bullets next week and will start to roll back their extended hours of production.
Here's hoping that everyone else will quickly catch up.

I noticed that a popular .224 Hornady bullet became available today after a prolonged absence from a busy online supplier, but the 1000 ea lots are already sold out again.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2013 at 17:05
I'm seeing more all the time, but I'm traveling around to other places....kinda out in the country....but, it's Texas---it ain't like out in the boondocks like Wyoming ( or where pyro is!! )  Laugh
Visit the Ed Show
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2013 at 18:06
I got an inside tip powder to an individual will become hard to find and more restrictions are being added to it now... go G o b e r m e n t .... by while you can.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2013 at 09:05
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

I got an inside tip powder to an individual will become hard to find and more restrictions are being added to it now... go G o b e r m e n t .... by while you can.
Powder is hard to find now because people thought  'goberment' was about to do something stupid. Many people are already well stocked, after 10 months or so, of acting on this concern.

http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/browse.cfm/2,3687.html
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2013 at 09:50
Originally posted by Alan Robertson Alan Robertson wrote:

Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

Powder is hard to find now because people thought  'goberment' was about to do something stupid. Many people are already well stocked, after 10 months or so, of acting on this concern.

http://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/browse.cfm/2,3687.html

This is something different than before, but you know more about it than I do.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2013 at 20:01
I don't know anything.
 I just mde a tour through a number of gun shops in SW OK and bordering TX... the consensus from some number of shops was that no single thing has gotten us to the place we are now, but a whole lot of little things have, almost all, based on concerns that government (this administration) is going to do something rash. POTUS did announce a week or so ago that he "wasn't going to wait for congress" to enact new gun control legislation, but is going to enact new rules through executive branch bureaucracy.

On the positive side, I saw every kind of powder, primer and bullet available to buy, though just not at the same place.
One thing is certain- the BATF is all over gun shops in the US... I was told that over 1100 gun shops are under duress, losing their licenses, huge fines, banned from selling guns, etc. for the smallest kind of paperwork glitch.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2013 at 20:35
While you're waiting, enjoy Hornady's video:

Reaction time is a factor...
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2013 at 07:38
Cute video!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
JD548 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2013 at 08:25
the government is doing something NOW but the big hit will be after the 2014 elections and all the stops for the lame duck will be gone.

lets hope that 2 million man biker protest shows up at DC to counter the 1 million muxlum march planned for sep 11th!

i am seeing a little more ammo. but is is still insanely expensive.

reloading supplies about the same thing.

the time to buy it cheap and stack it deep is long gone.

now its time to pick up what you can get and afford in ammo--if you can find any!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2013 at 10:44
why is it that every time the World goes into EMERGENCY that I am broke?  Whatever       

( maybe if I wasn't broke there would be NO EMERGENCIES!! )  Wink   

" I can see where this is going....."    

Visit the Ed Show
jonoMT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2013 at 12:12
Maybe if you'd ever wash that old hoopty of yours it might rain. Big Smile
Reaction time is a factor...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic