OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope mount for Bushnell AR91424I

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mchef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scope mount for Bushnell AR91424I
    Posted: August/27/2013 at 10:45
I've been in the market for an AR scope for some time now, and have been patiently waiting for the Bushnell AR91424I. My criteria were a decent quality, inexpensive 1-4x scope to mount on my Stag Arms 3L plus. Possible uses include target, home defense, and hunting small game, deer, maybe hog. Most shots are within 100yds. I would say longest would be 200yds, but that would be an exception. I currently have flip up backup iron sights mounted and zeroed to about 50yds. I would like to use a QD mount for the scope that would clear the backup sights while folded and be useable. I was originally considering the Burris AR PEPR mount, but after reading about them on t his forum and in other reviews, I'm not sure it's worth the cost savings. I had also been considering the Larue SPR QD LT104 VFZ, and now one of the Bobro mounts based on what I've read on this site. Can anyone make a recommendation? Also, on the Bobro mounts, which offset would work best with my needs?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2013 at 11:09
I had the Bobro slightly forward mount with a SS 1-4x and while it worked great, I don't think my Yankee Hill BUIS would clear it, IIRC.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/27/2013 at 13:36
If it is LaRue or Bobro, I would do Bobro, no question.  Also consider the American Defense recon mount, it is quite secure and very light weight.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
mchef View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mchef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2013 at 09:44
Thanks for the replies. How would I determine if I need a slightly forward or standard mount? From the picture you sent, it looks like you could use a standard mount and still have the scope mounted in the same location relative the AR even if you had to position the mount further back. It looks like you would have plenty of room.

Secondly, my AR is fully left-handed with ejector ports on the left side. Should I be concerned?
mchef View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mchef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2013 at 09:47
Forgot to mention that my rear sight when folded down is about a half inch tall.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2013 at 12:16
If you shoot, (and we all should) nose to charging handle, then get the slightly forward, like mine. 

In another thread like yours, Supertool posted a pic of his Bobro mount and his rear sight is folded down. Not sure what brand his, or your sight is, but my YH wouldn't clear. 

I never saw the need to leave the back up rear sight on with a mounted variable any way.  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic