OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Custom shop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkchop401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom shop
    Posted: August/25/2013 at 20:42
Does any body know off hand what the weight time is for a custom vx3 from Leopold's custom shop? any body had any experience with them?
The unprepared are the most likely to suffer;    Teddy R.
tejas View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2013 at 00:03
You shouldn't have to wait more than two weeks. I'd call instead of ordering from the custom shop.,you can ask them for a time frame. They had mine at the door in ten days, and I wanted options that weren't listed on the web site, plus they had to build my CDS dial.
porkchop401 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkchop401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2013 at 06:12
Great!
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkchop401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2013 at 10:23
I spoke to the custom shop and was told that my specific scope would be approx 4 weeks. I leave for rifle elk season in 6 weeks and with my luck that is just cutting ittoo close
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2013 at 22:35
My experience with Leupold on turret conversions on two scopes and reticle change on a third is that they honor their commitments and have quick turn times.  Most are hunters and competitors so they understand time constraints their customers are under for hunting seasons and match dates.  Good luck. 
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2013 at 23:44
Here is my suggestion - Order the Leupold you want the way you want it.  Additionally buy this SS 6x42 off of Samplelist or spend fifty more for a new mil mil one:   Mount both in quick detachable rings preferably La Rue LT 719 rings ($$ but worth it) buy two sets one for each scope  and take both scopes one for a backup. If your Leupold is a 1 inch tube be sure to get the 1 inch insert for the 30mm rings from La Rue Tactical.  There are some other possibles like Talley QD  but the Leupold QD sucks Ive worn out several sets of them. I have two sets of the LT 719 and have never regretted that choice.
This one is mil dot reticle with  1/4 moa clicks  if you wans the scope in Mil Mil buy a new one with the Mil Quad reticle.  The  6x is the brightest of the line and they hold their value you can always put it on something else or sell it or trade it later unless you fall in love with it.  Run a balistic chart for your bullet of choice dont forget to do the chart for the altitude you hunt.   Best to check zero at that altitude if possible when you get there.  Suggest a level on the scope if shots are past 300 yds.   Good Luck
SPL18041 SWFA SS 6x42 Tactical Rifle Scope DEMO-A
Click to view SS6X42, Matte, Mil-Dot, 30mm
$249.95

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - August/30/2013 at 23:57

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porkchop401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2013 at 11:11
Sorry for the delay in replying, a friend had. and offered to let me demo his 3-15x hd 5 coquest with a rap,id z800. I loved it he wanted to get the 5-25 version ,I bought it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic