OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

CZ "Mallard" 20 gauge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CZ "Mallard" 20 gauge
    Posted: August/07/2013 at 07:33
Anyone have any comments on the CZ Mallard?  I'm considering getting one for my daughter. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2013 at 10:48
The CZ O/U and SxS shotguns are made by Huglu in Turkey. My particular Huglu gun is a SxS and imported by DeHaan. I am happy with the lock up on the action. The triggers are so so, but Mark DeeAnn works on all Huglu guns including the CZ. The wood is pretty nice and the fit to the metal is tight. My particular gun handles as sweet as any gun I have ever handled.
I mentioned this thread to my brother. He had a SxS CZ and it was nice too. They are solid guns for the money.
Doug
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2013 at 17:02
I had heard several years ago that there was some doubling on single trigger models.  Any information about that?   
Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2013 at 20:40
Ed, I'm not sure on the status on that, but the Mallard has double triggers. If I get her an O/U, I want her to gain the knowledge of "which is which". Always know what your firearm is "doing" at all times. With double triggers, you pretty much have to know which barrel is in play.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2013 at 12:17
http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/mallard-104-a/ 
Looks like a nice shotgun. The only o/u cz that i got to handle was in a gun store and that was in a 28ga. It was nice but thinken it was single trigger model. The bobwhite had the double triggers and i ended up having dehaan to a job on them. I can say the only thing i have a gripe with and its purely looks is the buldging of barells for choke system. They have a good buck value
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2013 at 16:37
Ever since I read that I figured I'd play safe and get double triggers.
Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2013 at 06:23
Probably one of the most affordable O/Us to can get with good fit and finish!!!

Go for it!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2013 at 23:31
I bought a CZ Mallard in 12GA.   Alexandra said 12ga was not too much for her and I got a great deal on it.
I hope she has many hours of great fun shooting it. 
I love my daughter, more than I can possibly say.  I am glad she has "come back" to the shooting world.  Now, she wants me to teach her to shoot a pistol, as well as working on the shotgun.  My heart soars like an eagle...

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2013 at 08:12
My youngest daughter Meghan's middle name is Alexandra.  ( You guys will be tested on this stuff....)   
Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2013 at 08:40
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I bought a CZ Mallard in 12GA.   Alexandra said 12ga was not too much for her and I got a great deal on it.
I hope she has many hours of great fun shooting it. 
I love my daughter, more than I can possibly say.  I am glad she has "come back" to the shooting world.  Now, she wants me to teach her to shoot a pistol, as well as working on the shotgun.  My heart soars like an eagle...

A 12 Gauge...sheeze how ...average! Wink  Afterall she is your daughter!!!  I expected ashe would want a punt gun. Smile

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2013 at 09:08
Don't show that to Dianne Frankenstein....
Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2013 at 13:01
Do they actually SHOOT that thing???  Where can I get one???

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2013 at 13:17
A museum...
Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2013 at 15:34
They use to use it when birds turned trhe skies black.  It could take 20 or more in a single blast...

Now you'd get a citation for killing way over the bag limit.
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2013 at 15:35
 Smile  And yes it probably does have 'enough' kick for even you!   Smile
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2013 at 16:24

Alexandra's shotgun...

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2013 at 17:18
Very elegant looking Dan, she should enjoy that for a long time
God save the Empire!
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2013 at 19:38
I hope so... I'm so happy she wants to start shooting again I would have gotten just about anything... Lori nixed a Beretta until she proves she is going to stick with it...
I also got her 250 rounds of lite recoil ammo to start out with...

338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2013 at 20:01
lovely...

No one
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2013 at 23:46
Very nice! I think I see some quality father daughter time in your future!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic