OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Thoughts comments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thoughts comments
    Posted: August/05/2013 at 19:17
Is this scope worth the $$$ I am getting one on a trade so to speak and wondering what you'alls thoughts were on this scope

I have only ever had very beat Bushnells nothing for the past 6-7 years...
No one
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 20:38
It is a nice scope.  Early samples varied, but they have gotten fairly consistent.

ILya
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 20:39
Where does it fit in the Swaro or Zeiss or give me a close 2nd or a comparison if you can.
No one
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 20:43
It competes against SWFA SS 5-20x50 and Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50.

ILya
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 20:43
Here is the closest comparison I could fine with SWFA for pricing...
No one
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 21:04
This will be my first Tremor 2 I am not a fan of Horus types as they do not offer enough versatility, I would never want to engage targets from a distance that were in a forest or in a wet terrain.

No one
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 21:09
I do not like Horus reticles in scopes without illumination, personally.

In my opinion, this scope is at its best with the G2DMR reticle that is available in it.  

If you do not like the reticle, I am sure you can sell the scope and get something else.

ILya
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 21:24
I am no fan by a long shot they are annoying and block much of the Use-full area and have a tendency to draw my eye off the target.  At say 1000yrds I resort to using the mil hash and go from their the dots are obstructions and do not do any good, how can you even pick up your impact at that distance I know they are meant for 5-6 engagements and for quick target acquisition but all that business can get you killed I would think, how would your spotter refer to them if he were to have the reticle to call on it would take 1 minute to relay the info, I am willing to try it again and see if this is improved but we will see.

I am giving it a try again as to make sure it is still not my cup of tea.

Not the ideal trade but it could work...
No one
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 21:44
No one
SCREAMINXL View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCREAMINXL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 22:23
WOW!  Very busy.
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. - Tecumseh
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 23:10
I once made a concerted effort to only use a Horus reticle for a few months and concluded that it works all right, but does not lend itself to switching back and forth between systems. It worked for me well only when I was using it exclusively.

Edited by koshkin - August/06/2013 at 00:10
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2013 at 03:13
monogamous reticle is Horus...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2013 at 06:53
Any thoughts about edge to edge clarity or CA or Contrast???

How does the glass stack up?
No one
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2013 at 08:18
It is all in the article I linked. I thought this was a very competitive design.

ILya
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2013 at 19:03
THANK YOU !!!

as always
No one
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic