OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles Helia CL 2-7X36

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R H Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kahles Helia CL 2-7X36
    Posted: August/03/2013 at 15:30
I just bought one of these (couple hours ago) from the sample list. Is this the same scope discussed in the Opticsthoughts article on tweener scopes listed as a Kahles CL 2-7X36? I suspected the Helia was just left off but I wasn't sure. I hope it is the same since I really love this magnification range and was impressed by the review.

I also own a Kahles AH 2-7X36, at least I assume it is an AH since it isn't designated as such and I believe the CL models were designated CL. Can anyone tell me the difference optically between my current AH and the CL I just purchased?
Scrumbag View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2013 at 03:55
Hi there, how did you find this scope?
(Am thinkin of something in this range for a brush gun).

Thanks in advance,

Scrummy
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2013 at 05:53

All of the Kahles scopes of that genre were Helias.  The models were different (C, CL, CBX, CSX).  I have three of the CL -27s and all are Helias.  Similar to how Swarovski used the title Habicht before they went to the Z series.  They had the Habicht PH and AV series of scopes.

So your scope is a step up from the AH line.  Enjoy it!  I know I love mine!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2013 at 07:45
Yes, it's the same scope. As Brodeur272 said, the designation "Helia" was just a  marketing name Kahles used across multiple scope lines. I looked it up once, and I believe it was derived from the Greek word for "sun."

Anyway, it's a very fine scope, and one of my all-time favorite hunting scopes. To me, it embodied a perfect blend of compact size, light weight, reasonable magnification range for big game hunting, and great optics. I wish it hadn't been discontinued, and I'm glad I got mine while I had the opportunity, because they're pretty hard to find now. I own 2 of them, and will never part with them. I also own the 2-7X36 AH series (in the rimfire model). It's a great scope too, but not quite as nice as the CL. Besides minor cosmetic differences, the CL has slightly better resolution.

Enjoy your scope. It's a good one!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2013 at 10:15
Just found some notes/trivia I have in some of my Kahles info.  The name Helia comes from Greek mythology.  Helia was one of the daughters of Helios (sun god) and means "shining light".  Appropriate for the Kahles scopes...
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2013 at 15:01
I wonder who ended up with that 4th 2-7 CL that day. . .
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2013 at 17:10
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

I wonder who ended up with that 4th 2-7 CL that day. . .

Wink
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Scrumbag View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrumbag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2013 at 14:09
Oooh, these are pretty. But sadly I think I'm on Minox money...
Was sure I had a point when I started this post...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic