OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Member, Rifle and SS Scope

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCREAMINXL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2013 at 21:22
Well the dealer took the rifle and said he would shoot it today when he had time.  He doesn't know much about SWFA scopes.  We had plans to shoot my 22-250 AR and a few other rifles so we dropped the rifle off with my Leupold Mark 2 IMS mount with a Rifleman 3-9x40 LR Reticle around 12:15 PM.  We stopped back around 4:15 PM to see how things went.  He showed us the target and to our surprise it shot 5" high after bore sighting for 2 shots and had a 2.5" group for the next 6 after adjusting.  We took the rifle and returned to the range and shot a 2" 5 shot group.  Then we installed the SS 10x42 and drilled the bulls eye once then hit 1.5" low and right of center......then it missed the target 3 times.  We reloaded and the same thing happened again.  I was blown away!!!!  We remount the leupold thinking "it's the scope" then set two targets 18" tall by 13" wide side by side at 100 yards.  I aimed dead center between the targets and fired.......nothing......fired again and hit about an 1" low of my mark.......fired again......nothing......nothing......nothing.  I hit 1 time in 5!!!!   I reloaded and hit the center mark on the first round and then nothing for the next 4!!!!  We cased the rifle and headed to the dealer.  When we arrived he acted surprised, gave us the box the rifle was shipped in and told us to contact Olympic Arms. 
Well.....my buddy is going to contact OA tomorrow and what the think.

On a good note.  My AR shot really well, not as well as yesterdays .3 but good for me!  See my avatar for the picture of my best group out of 5.  The worst was 1.5ish.
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. - Tecumseh
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2013 at 21:43
Shocked
No one
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 03:22
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

What can I say   WhistlingI have a friend named Dan who I talked into buying an AR and he's had some problems with it.  They are machines and some take a bit of precision gunsmithing to refine them into all they can be.   It's always a little awkward when you suggest something and it doesnt work out as planned.  I kind of like the idea of an AR in 22-250 and I think a 204 Ruger might also be a lot of fun.
Have no fear... there is no blame to you for my purchase of an AR.  I've always hated them, decided I was going to get one anyway.  I bought one that "looked good" and had some good "press" on performance.  I KNOW the issues can be resolved... I spent a lot of time with AR's in another lifetime... Perhaps this rifle is just a "wake up call" that not all things are "easy".  It will get fixed and I will contiinue to complain about it, but blame to you is ZERO. 
But at every opportunity, I will do my best to make you feel bad about FORCING me to purchase that consarned &)())**(&^ ($^%$*&#Y( AR... It's ALL YOUR FAULT...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 03:22
I hear AR's make great sinkers for deep sea fishing...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 05:35
They oxidize and they float with all aluminum and the plastic... They probably would fall apart underwater as they do on land.
No one
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 05:44

SCREAMINXL View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCREAMINXL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 06:28
LMAO!!!! Oh the drama!!!

On a side note.

I know my group isn't Mike Mcdonald quality but still I get nothing???? LOL! :-)

We tried the vice with the first AR and it didn't fit without rigging up extra bags for spacing the pistol grip so I just shot off bags again.
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. - Tecumseh
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 07:26
It's a good group (especially for an AR).  Why did you not go ahead and adjust to the center of the target?  Looks like an inch left and you're "dead on".  Just a question... I like to understand why people shoot the way they do...

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCREAMINXL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 08:06
It has been adjusted. That was my best group out of 5 groups. That was my second set. Once I start a group I let it ride. The other three are centeredish.....lol.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 08:23
Got it... understand.

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCREAMINXL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 08:52
I really like the scope. I'm excited to try a 3-15.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 10:53
I think you will love the 3-15. 

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCREAMINXL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2013 at 17:26
Another positive note.  Should start a new thread but.....

OA told my buddy to just send in the upper and they will fix or replace it immediately.  I hope they stay true to their word.  Just letting people know that it seems they are willing to take care of their customers.  It cost $20 to ship them the upper and we think they should cover if the problem is on their end.

I will post back with updates.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2013 at 17:27
Hope it works out. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCREAMINXL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2013 at 14:38
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic