OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Was wondering about Pentax scopes...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Varminter06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Was wondering about Pentax scopes...
    Posted: May/21/2006 at 16:37
    I was looking at buying a Pentax Lightseeker-30 scope. Has anyone used any of these or know much about them? From what I can tell they're just Burris Black Diamond scopes that were sold to Pentax.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2006 at 19:07
They were never sold to Penatx, technically speaking.  Burris and Pentax have a partnership, so you are right that Lightseeker-30 is identical to Black DIamond, and as such is a pretty nice scope.   All the comments you've heard before about Black Diamond scopes apply in the same way to Lightseeker-30.

ILya
Varminter06 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Varminter06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2006 at 22:46

Cool. So it'd be safe to say that this scope is a nice scope?

http://www.swfa.com/pc-2402-121-pentax-85-32x50-lightseeker- 30-rifle-scope.aspx

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2006 at 02:12
Yes, it is a nice scope.

Is there a paricular reason you choose to go with a scope of such large magnification?  What rifle is this going on?

ILya
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Varminter06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2006 at 06:53

It's going on a Bushmaster Varmiter. I'm in Montana with friends who own ranches that are willing to let us go dog hunting on. I guess I just want to see what this gun is capable of. :D

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2006 at 11:29

With an 8.5-32x50 vs 6-24x50 you really gain nothing in terms of use, but you do loose some adjustment range.  Even 24x is seldom practical to use under real world condidtions, and 32x is really for perfect days and for benchrest shooting.

I doubt that you need 32x to see what this gun can do.

ILya

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Varminter06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2006 at 19:50
     Oops, I posted the wrong scope, I'm getting that pentax but a 6-24x, sorry about the confusion there Koshkin. :P
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic