OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex Diamondback or Bushnell Legend Ultra HD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubby11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex Diamondback or Bushnell Legend Ultra HD
    Posted: July/29/2013 at 15:10

Hi, in basic 3-9x40, these two scopes are within $10 pricewise.  Curious if the Legend Ultra HD (THAT's a mouthful) has anything over the Diamondback other than Rainguard (I like), side focus (I don't care) and a really cool name.  Basically, with regards to durability and optic quality, how do they compare?

Thanks,

Steve
JD548 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2013 at 08:49
the diamondback is a very nice scope for the $$$.

i have a 2-7x 35 on an ar-15 that i am liking. haven't had it long enough to say how durable it is. but vortex has a pretty solid rep in that regard.

most folks that have looked through my 2-7x diamondback seem to like it better than some of the lower end leupolds. it compares very well to burris fullfield 2s and nikon buckmasters i have.

i would give a slight edge to the diamondback to those .

don't know for sure what bushnell your talking about--thought that name was for a spotting scope?
Hubby11 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubby11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2013 at 12:11
The Bushnell Legend Ultra HD has a good reputation as a binocular, lots of positive reviews and favorable comparisons to the Diamondback binocs.

But I have not heard much about the scope, meaning;

Bushnell 3-9x40 Legend Ultra HD Rifle Scope
Bushnell 3-9x40 Legend Ultra HD Rifle Scope
Stock # - BUS853940
  • Matte
  • Multi-X
  • 1"
  • Side Focus
  • Rainguard® HD
$199.00 
Add Bushnell 3-9x40 Legend Ultra HD Rifle Scope to Cart 

Anyone have anything to say about this scope?
Steve
JD548 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2013 at 15:35
its specs on paper look pretty good.

it has a side adjustment --the vortex don't best i can tell. --

a 3-9x shouldn't need an adjustable AO anyway--usually their set to 100 yards and forget about it.

i wondering what the adjustment adjusts?

most scopes these days have a fast focus ring to adjust to your eye. the vortex has this.
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2013 at 16:58
What is the intended use for this scope and at what ranges are you going to shoot?

I have an AO on my Leupold VXII EFR. It allows you to focus down to 10yds.
Hubby11 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubby11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2013 at 17:11
Originally posted by Sparky Sparky wrote:

What is the intended use for this scope and at what ranges are you going to shoot?

I have an AO on my Leupold VXII EFR. It allows you to focus down to 10yds.

This will be for whitetail hunting, either with muzzleloader or .308.  Ranges max out at 100 yards, most shots are withing 50.
Steve
Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/02/2013 at 00:24
The Vortex Diamond back that I owned (a 2-7x32) had coma (bent lines) up until about 4X which was pretty distracting.
CDR3
JD548 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2013 at 09:23
i got that same scope i think a 2-7x 35 ---a tiny bit @2x --none anywhere else.

you should contact vortex support.

something is wrong/broke  if it is doing that all the way to 4x.
Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2013 at 10:21
I sold it!
CDR3
garyalarson View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyalarson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2013 at 20:09
+1 for the Vortex. Their warranty is unbeatable. Throw it down a mountain and they will give you a new one. I own a Crossfire II and love it. Good luck finding any bad customer service reviews. Get the Vortex and be done with it.
JD548 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD548 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/05/2013 at 09:32
LOL -- yea i like vortex too.

dollar for dollar the vortex is a very tough competitor in the scope/optics market.

i'm like thinking he might want to look at the new vipers, in 2.5-10x and 3-9x!

yea their a little more $$$ but they are better glass than the diamondback. seems like i saw one on SWFAs sample list for just a hair over what a new diamondback costs. if it was me i know what i would be picking up--LOL!

Edited by JD548 - August/05/2013 at 14:42
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic