OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

rangefinder bins?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettpsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rangefinder bins?
    Posted: July/18/2013 at 08:50

Looking at purchasing a set of rangefinding bins and need some input.

I'm 90% a bowhunter and 10% muzzleloader/rifle hunter. From PA but I hunt out west every year.

Considering:

Leica Geovid hd-b 10x42

Swaro el 10x42

Zeiss Victory rf 10x45

I love my Swaro SLC's and would buy the EL's in a heartbeat but I don't like the fact that the EL's minium range is 33 yards. Now most shots under 33yds are pretty obvious but the difference from 20yds to 31yds is quite a bit. What are you guys thoughts about these three for mostly bowhunting.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2013 at 11:48
Seems like way overkill for bow hunting ranges
www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

brettpsu View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brettpsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2013 at 12:53
I have an opti-logic micro II handheld but hate having to carry both bins and a separate rangefinder. Just looking to do an all in one unit.
anomad View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2013 at 12:59
Way overkill is just right for me.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2013 at 13:01
I have had the Geovid HD.  But it was the last gen, not this newest one.  I currently own the Zeiss Victory.

Optically they are both fantastic.  The Zeiss ranges much faster and much farther.  I have reached 2000 yards with the Zeiss, only 1400 ish with the Leica I had. 

I would get hands on all of them if I were you and see which one fits your hands and eyes the best.  Optically any of them will be wonderful, and I am sure any of them will range plenty good for your needs.  I will be all about comfort and how they fit you. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic