OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Where is all the Ammo?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where is all the Ammo?
    Posted: July/14/2013 at 12:11

Where is all the ammunition?  The government is not buying all the ammunition in America! 

Visit the Ed Show
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 12:20
the Zombies bought it all.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 12:21
This is the gun manufactures way of selling you a rifle in a caliber you have never previously considered.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 12:22
OMG  I hope there is not a run on FISH HOOKS  next I better get some now.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 12:34
You bet! I just wanted to get the garage filled up with 87 bricks of 22s so that when the Zimmerman Riots starts my house will surely go up in Grand Fashion!  Big Grin
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 12:36

Visit the Ed Show
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 12:59
I know I've got plenty of "stuff" if da boyz in the hood come "callin". Hippie
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 13:46
This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone unless you haven't tried buying ammo this year.

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 14:00
I have just been getting tired of it, and there is no reasonable explanation for it. Unless these people are simply preparing to go back to the Stone Age....
Visit the Ed Show
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 14:13
Hoarders, people flipping ammo for profit, federal agencies, etc.

I agree it sucks and will only get worse where I live if all the Kali firearm proposals become law in 2014 (no internet purchases, yearly registration to purchase ammo, red flag if purchasing 500+ rounds at a time, non-lead ammo for hunting state wide, etc. etc. etc.). Thank your lucky stars you now live in Texas.

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 15:06

" Now, if I could just get out of DFW!!! "  

Edited by Son of Ed - July/15/2013 at 21:58
Visit the Ed Show
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2013 at 10:22
Homeland Security bought it all up...you know to protect us from...ourselves. BS Flag
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2013 at 16:44
+1 shooter.............
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
medicman29 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medicman29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2013 at 17:10
in my ammunition closet, and no, I'm not sharing. Buy it cheap and stack it deep!
If you don't want to be struck by lighting,.....don't act like a lightning rod!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2013 at 07:39
Problem is I'm afraid to burn what I have.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2013 at 08:17
Bud, I was just thinking about that last night. Our deer season starts in three weeks and besides checking my rifle scope for zero and deciding whether to pull the trigger on a buck or not I don't think I'll be burning through any rounds for fun this season. This includes .22lr for the kids to plink cans and plastic bottles with; sure we'll let them target practice and take a few rabbits but not like the past... at least not for now. This sucks!

Edited by mike650 - July/19/2013 at 12:58
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2013 at 09:12
Luckily my FFL contact up here can get me 5.56/223 at cost (which is still high right now) but considerably better than it was 6 months ago (if you could even find it). I just traded one of my bolt guns on an AR so i'll be stacking the cheap stuff as high as possible this summer.

Prices are coming down....but slowly. Mags are much easier to find though. Still a big backlog with a lot of builders, especially on the semi auto side of things.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2013 at 09:18
Also i'm finding myself resorting to buying guns in more popular calibers (no more 6.8, 6.5mm's etc). The price to shoot is just to high to justify going after the more exotic rifles.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2013 at 10:53
My son found and bought a brick of .22LR recently,  but he paid $35 for it... ouch.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2013 at 11:00
$35/  He did GOOD ole son!
It definitely sucks that I'm afraid to get my shoot on!!!  I'm also noticing that 22LR gun both bolt and AR uppers prices have started dropping more and more...  It hard to sell a gun you can't get or load ammo for... Cencored
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic