OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

changing reticles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: changing reticles
    Posted: July/13/2013 at 19:18
will zeiss or leupold change out a reticle on a scope?   looking at a 2-7 config in either the zeiss terra or the leupy vx-2 but want something bold for a woods gun like a #4 or a thicker plex. i know Burris does but does anyone know if these companies do,?
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2013 at 19:48
I know Leupold does at their custom shop and I believe that Zeiss does as well.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 09:47
Yes, you can get a reticle changed. The afore-mentioned Leupold Custom Shop is my first choice. I have also had one Swaro AV changed, but it was pricey (more than the Leupy).
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Robster80 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robster80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 09:54
i really like the leupy vx2.   the duplex is a bit too thin for woods use but that zeiss duplex might be thick enough for the woods. they have a very good duplex reticle.   #4 is kinda what i really want tho
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 10:32
Premier Reticle will probably do a change also.  Personally I think you are on the wrong track.
Trijicon 1-4x24 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope Red Triangle Trijicon 1-4x24 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope
Stock # - TR24R
  • Matte
  • Red Triangle
  • 30mm
$892.50 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
tejas View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2013 at 13:46
I'd look at this:

http://swfa.com/Leupold-175-6x32-VX-3-Riflescope-P12640.aspx

Better glass than the VX-2 and prices would be close to the same after the reticle change out. It's not a Number 4 but is very good for low light in the thick brush.

You might look at the VX-R line as well, you can get a Number 4 in some of those models, but with illumination, you may decide you don't need it.
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2013 at 18:15
Get a FX3 6x42 with heavy duplex and be done with it.  
EAGLE View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2013 at 18:31
I love my VXR

Eagle
Outrider View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Outrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/15/2013 at 22:06
It appears you have several good options of other scopes as suggested by various posters and certainly SWFA is a great source for them if you decide to go that direction. However, regarding your specific question concerning Zeiss reticles, a fairly recent call to Zeiss on this same subject revealed a cost of $75.00 for a reticle change out plus $15.00 shipping. A turnaround time of six weeks was projected.

Outrider
Outrider
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/16/2013 at 07:02
$75.00 is what I paid for a Swaro reticle change ... but that was a few years ago. Not sure what it is now. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Pzkfw View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pzkfw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2013 at 11:29
$175 for a Z6 reticle change, did it about 5mo ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic