OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Diavari vrs Schmidt/Binder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cd100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diavari vrs Schmidt/Binder
    Posted: May/15/2006 at 00:36

Any feedback on twilight shooting with Diavari 3x12x56  vrs Schmidt/Bender 3x12x56.The range will be 200/250 yds in Alabama beanfield shooting houses at dusk for deer.I've narrowed it down to these two.Which optics will offer the sharpest sight picture for these settings? Will be mounted on a new Steyr SBS 7 mag.Any recomendations?

Czech

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 04:21

Does S&B even make a 3-12x56mm, my friend??

Welcome to The OT!!!!!!!!

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
noddah View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noddah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 15:18

Both make fantastic product… and use top glass.

I love my Schmidt & Bender Precision Hunter and with its mil dot, turrets, profile and overall build i prefer it over the Zeiss. It can easily switch hit between hunting, target and tactical very easily...

http://www.swfa.com/c-283-schmidt-bender-precision-hunter-ri flescopes.aspx

Though if you are after a 56mm the only S&B Precision Hunter is the 2.5-10 there is no 3-12. The 2.5-10 S&B PH will pass more light and in theory should be brighter at the lower magnification. (Could you tell… maybe yes –maybe no)  Though if a 3-12 scope with a 56mm objective is the goal then the Zeiss is your animal.

cd100 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cd100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 17:57

Whoops,I meant to say 2x10x56 Zenith vrs 3x12x56 Diavari.Anyfeedback would help.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 18:03

I'd take the Zenith!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 18:11
Which reticle are you considering??
cd100 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cd100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 18:37

I like the #8 reticle on both.But,I know where there is a good deal on the Diavari with improved 1st plane tactical mildot.Both scopes are new in box,priced  the same.

cd100 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cd100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2006 at 23:33

I placed my order for the 3x12x56 Diavari with the Optics Goddess today.It was new,on the sample list at a killer price.. It will be mounted on IOR tactical rings and bases.My other choice was a Zenith in the same price range and power,but from a competitor of SWFA.I liked the Zenith a lot,it came highly recommended.But,when I started asking questions about mounts,optics.They got that deer in the headlights look.

Here's the deal.After years of trying to understand optics and how they work,much to no avail.I have learned more about optics quicker,visiting the OT than any other forum,print or local gunshops.Since the SWFA gang has put this all together,we all need to support their business and encourage our friends to check out the OT and do the same.

Support those who support you!!!

CZECH

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic