OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

koshkin vs cheaptrick poll

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: koshkin vs cheaptrick poll
    Posted: May/14/2006 at 09:07

Well, I voted for koshkin myself.

As much as I like to kid around with him, I do respect his opinions and advise very much.

Koshkin has a way of communicating technical lingo into layman's terms that most all can understand.

He's also a true gentleman and friend to The OT.

As far as your poll is concerned, I have never felt that I was in direct competition.

Regards,

cheaptrick.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
hotshot110 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotshot110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2006 at 23:38
Both of these guys have gave me good advise. I dont know who i'm going to vote for.Either way i think that you are both assets to the OT.
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 12:21
Koshkin, because he agrees with me more   No offense, cheaptrick.  I've picked up a lot from lots of different people here.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 16:17

Originally posted by mwyates mwyates wrote:

Koshkin, because he agrees with me more   No offense, cheaptrick.  I've picked up a lot from lots of different people here.

No offence taken Yates.

I have learned a lot about optics myself during my time here.

Chris, Mike McDonald, Mithran (and his ACOG sticky), Dilligaf, Dale, and a ton more folks have helped thousands of people on the OT.

The thing is, optics are very objective and everybody has their favorite flavor.

Mine happens to be tooty fruity........ 

Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 16:22
I vote for Cheaptrick! He called me Optics Goddess !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 16:34

Originally posted by Stephanie Stephanie wrote:

I vote for Cheaptrick! He called me Optics Goddess !

I would have called you Optics Goddess even if you did vote for The Dark Lord of Optics....aka koshkin.......

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 18:38

Great, now he goes ahead and calls me a true gentleman.  That pretty much forces my hand to go and vote for him (which I did).

Anyhow, we all have somewhat different fields of expertise and it is nearly impossible to compare the regulars here in terms of usefulness.  Cheaptrick is very reasonable and typically spot on unless Nikons enter the discussion. 

One thing to keep in mind though is that I am pretty sure I have the least amount of actual field experience of all the regulars here (I am also probably the youngest by a solid margin)

ILya

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 19:33
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Great, now he goes ahead and calls me a true gentleman.  That pretty much forces my hand to go and vote for him (which I did).

Thanks, I need the vote, Bro.

Your smoking me..........

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 20:05

Four - three is not exactly smoking anyone.

On the other hand if we discount Stephanie as clearly biased ....

I guess nikonitis is not as contagious as I thought.

ILya

Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2006 at 08:42
Biased!?!?  You would be biased too if he called you Optic Goddess! I mean Optic King!
Trinidad View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinidad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2006 at 10:17

There is a wealth of information on the OT. Both of you guys are some of the best

contributers that makes this site so great. I figured a little competition never hurt

when I started this poll. Hopefully we will get more people voting soon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2006 at 16:26
May God bless the 4 souls that voted for cheaptrick........And the one "biased" Optics Goddess who shall remain nameless for OPSEC purposes.....
cd100 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cd100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2006 at 18:35

Goddess!  Is there a goddess in the house? I always vote for the Goddess!!!!!   

Czech

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2006 at 18:51
Originally posted by cd100 cd100 wrote:

Goddess!  Is there a goddess in the house? I always vote for the Goddess!!!!!   

Czech

I was referring to Stephanie from Team SWFA.

AKA Optics Goddess or Optics Babe!!!! 

Stud Duck View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stud Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2006 at 07:37

I gotta go with CT, how can anyone in their right mind support a Russian from the freakin' West Coast, Kalifornia at that!  

Just kiddin' both of you guys along with others here have educated me greatly.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2006 at 14:33

SD:

Your optics savvy has been greatly appreciated here too, Bro.

All of us together make The OT the BEST forum on the web.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2006 at 06:19

Man, kosh.

Looks like were all tied up at 6 a piece.

Too bad I can't "unvote" my vote for you, because then I would be in the lead.........

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2006 at 12:23
Moot point, since I, being a gentleman that I am, voted for you. So technically speaking I lead 5 - 4 if we discount your vote, my vote, and Stephanie's vote.

ILya

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2006 at 13:01

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Moot point, since I, being a gentleman that I am, voted for you. So technically speaking I lead 5 - 4 if we discount your vote, my vote, and Stephanie's vote.

ILya

The starter of this poll voted for you right out of the gate.

I had to start this deal being down one vote!! 

I smell a set up..........

Besides, can I help it The "Optics Goddess" has bestowed a blessing upon me??

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2006 at 00:33
>>>Besides, can I help it The "Optics Goddess" has bestowed a blessing upon me??

That just shows that nobody is perfect.  Even Stephanie is occasionally wrong.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic