OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

MINOX USA - NEWS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MINOX USA - NEWS
    Posted: May/11/2006 at 17:05

Gentlemen:

Please allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Gene Varva and I hold a position of Sports Optics Sales Coordinator for Minox USA.

With this post, I would like to contribute with the latest news about Minox, as well as to inform about our newest product releases.

As you may have known already, Minox is no longer a subsidiary of the Leica Company.  As a matter of fact, we became 100% independent organization about two years ago.  Around the same time Minox USA was established, with headquarters located in Meriden, New Hampshire.

Going independent sometimes is not easy, but what can be better than freedom?  I guess, no one would argue with this.  Speaking of our freedom, it gave Minox many possibilities: introducing new products, revisiting pricing, improving service, to mention just a few.

In 2006 we have introduced the new line of binoculars, called HG (High Grade), equipped with the German glass by SCHOTT with 21 layers of coating.  HG sports magnesium body, silver coated prisms, plus some unique features like Quick Focus System and Distance reference scale (especially useful for archers).  We feel the HG line is bound to become a huge success, as these models simply give much more for your money compare to the other top European brands (you know the names).  The Minox HG binoculars are coming to our warehouse in US and should be soon available.

Speaking of pricing in general, we have revisited our used-to-be our top grade models – now such products like BD 10x42 BR asph, for example, are much more affordable.  Another important information – Minox USA now offers Life Time warranty on all Full Size and Compact binoculars.

I hope all the above helps to understand where Minox is going, as well as gives clearer explanation about our company recent past.  You are very welcome to read more about Minox latest product releases by visiting www.minox.com, selecting "American / British" banner on the right side of the front page - this will take you to the English version of the Minox home page.  Minox is now working on the stand alone version of US home page, which should become available sometime in July.

Please feel free to get in touch with us at 603-469-3080 for any customer support questions.  I will be visiting Optics Talk at least once a week and will be happy to answer Minox-related questions as much as I can.

With best wishes and Good Luck in the search of Your Perfect Glass!

Gene Varva
Minox USA
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2006 at 19:53

Welcome aboard.

It is nice to have a manufacturer's representative stop by regularly.

ILya

Minox View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2006 at 21:13
Hi Ilya,

And many thanks for welcoming me - you are the first one and, therefore, always will be!

I am not a rep, but rather the person who would, from now on, be responsible for all the blames and, better, the happy moments of Minox in the US.
The job is tough, but I only know one thing - if the product is right, there is no much to regret after all.

Thank you and have a good weekend, which starts tomorrow:)

Gene
Gene Varva
Minox USA
SteveSF View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveSF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2006 at 08:53

Thank you, Minox, for joining this forum.  I'm grateful for a person who can speak for and provide information from a manufacturer.  The Minox news was news to me, and I think it (Minox independence) is a great thing. 

Thanks also to SWFA for this forum.

Minox View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2006 at 12:51

Hello everybody and thank you all!  So far, the topic has been viewed 57 times from 6 pm yesterday.  It is a good sign, isn’t it?  Any questions so far?:)

Gene Varva
Minox USA
Rusty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 09:10

Minox,

Is Minox going to come out with a 8X32 HG? 

Minox View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2006 at 10:02

Dear Rusty,

There was no official announcement made about 8x32 HG model, but I feel it would be logical for such product to appear eventually. 

There are several very interesting products in development as we speak.  I will make sure to notify about our new releases as soon as this would be appropriate.

Thank you for your interest!

Gene Varva
Minox USA
Stephanie View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Optics Goddess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stephanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2006 at 09:33
Welcome to OT.   We look forward to reading a lot of your threads, and learn new information about Minox..
Minox View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2006 at 10:29
Hello Stephanie and many thanks for the welcoming message!

Speaking of the additional new products,  we have just introduced one more binocular to our BL (Lightweight) - BD 8x32 BL.  This is the most compact and lightweight full size binocular from Minox.  8x32 BL is already available in the US and priced at $349.95 MAP. 
Gene Varva
Minox USA
Minox View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2006 at 19:13
Hello Everybody!

The newest Minox HG line has been just reviewed by The Shooting Sports Retailer magazine, 
"new products" category. Please feel free to visit:
http://www.shootingsportsretailer.com/Press/detail.aspx?stor yid=1763

We are very excited about this exposure and feel the Rebirth of MINOX is going well

P.S. The Shooting Sports made it probably a little too exciting saying "...There are four new HG models available now..."
Well...  HG's are scheduled for delivery in late June.  Just make a note of it.

I will be attending the NRA show in Milwaukee until Monday 22nd.  Talk to you soon!

Gene Varva
Minox USA
Minox View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2006 at 12:37

Hello Everybody!

As I have promised, I have brought some news from the NRA show in Milwaukee. 

The NRA show was extremely well attended this year – at least 60.000 members have visited the event.  And, of course, all the major manufacturers were there.

Speaking of Minox booth, we were very busy.  Many people stopped by and not one left without saying very good words about Minox products.  But there was one particular visit that I would like to mention.

As you may know, in our newest line, Minox High Grade binoculars (“HG”) are equipped with the SCHOTT glass (www.schott.com), which is a subsidiary of Carl Zeiss.

So, at the last day of the show, the president of Zeiss (Sport Optics, North America), Mr. Robert Siemers, dropped by together with his charming director of marketing. 

Mr. Seimers was particularly impressed with the Minox “HG”. He has spent about 10 minutes just examining our samples and asking questions.  Robert’s last question about “HG” was a price, of course.  I have had an answer.

I would like to wish everybody a great weekend and look forward to hearing from you!

Gene Varva
Minox USA
Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2006 at 15:30

Minox:

Can you tell me where the HG series is manufactured? (USA /German  ect...)

Thanks

AC

PS

Very cool looking binoculars

If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

Minox View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2006 at 08:56
Dear AC,

Please read my last comments at Minox "HG" thread.

Thanks a lot for your interest and good words!
Gene Varva
Minox USA
Minox View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2006 at 10:44
More good news:

MINOX "HG" binoculars have won "Best of the Best" contest, conducted by "Field & Stream" magazine.  The issue will be available at news stands in September.
Gene Varva
Minox USA
Minox View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2006 at 23:18

Dear Friends,

I would like to invite you to visit MINOX new website: www.minox.com

I hope you will enjoy the new look and feel of our updated home page, as well as will be pleased with our newest product releases.

Good Hunting!

Gene Varva
Minox USA
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/05/2006 at 16:48

Welcome to The OT, Minox!!

I can't believe I missed this thread when it started.....

Glad to have you and Minox on board, Sir.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Minox View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Minox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2006 at 15:38
Thanks, Nelson!
Gene Varva
Minox USA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic