OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Check this SWFA 10X Deal out!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Check this SWFA 10X Deal out!
    Posted: June/14/2013 at 15:45
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2013 at 16:10
Didn't know they had that Velcro patch. Very cool and I will have one.

Good post, Graham.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2013 at 19:44
I'm trying to figure out why I didn't know that to CT.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2013 at 21:18
HMM News to me too.  Must be brand new.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2013 at 13:21
I would be jumping all over that except it has MOA turrets and mil reticle.  I'd prefer them to match.
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2013 at 20:36
http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-MRAD-Scopes-C4225.aspx  They make matching mil mil  Super Snipers.  The ones with mil - dot reticle and 1/4 MOA clicks are the older design and this is probably a means of lowering inventory of that model as the Mil Mil model is a newer design and more popular but still this is a very nice deal and to a lot of people they wont care if its 1/4 MOA as many will go to Kenton Ind engraved knobs anyway which will be marked in yds. http://kentonindustries.com/custom-turrets/swfa  The Speed Dial is very fast to use to correct for trajectory they match to your balistics.
SS MOA/MRAD
SPEED DIAL LR HUNTER MILITARY WINDAGE

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
jseda View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jseda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2013 at 11:19
Can you or someone please post side-by-side photos of the mil-dot reticle vs. the mil-quad reticle for an accurate comparison of what the shooter will see? I'm trying to decide on which SWFA 10X42 scope I want to purchase.

Thank you.
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2013 at 12:50

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2013 at 13:06
http://www.mil-dot.com/

I will suggest you buy the mil quad reticle not just because it is a more precise reticle but also because those scopes are 1/10 mil clicks where the mil-dot version is 1/4 MOA clicks.  The difference is having the clicks in the same measurement is very helpful.  say for example you needed to dial in 2.3 mil you can turn the knob 23 clicks or choose to turn the knob 3 clicks and hold over using the second mildot below center.   When you sight in aim at the center shoot a shot in the paper and use the reticle to measure in mils how far up or down and how far right or left the hole is then dial in that correction using the same incremental value.    One Mil at 100 yds is 3.6 inches so  1/10 mil click is .36 inch.  With 1/4MOA   1 MOA is roughly 1 inch at 100 yds so each click is 1/4 inch at 100 at 200 yds 1/4 MOA is based on 1 MOA at 200 being roughly 2 inches so each 1/4 moa click at 200 yds moves impace 1/2 inch  and at 300 yds  1 MOA would be roughly 3 inches so 1/4 of 3 inches is 3/4 of an inch movement per click.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2013 at 13:37
Thanks for this.  It's very helpful
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2013 at 14:20
+1 on the  mil quad reticle.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2013 at 19:17
Its no longer Super Sniper. It is the SWFA SS line. Swfa dropped super sniper a few years ago
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2013 at 21:23
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Its no longer Super Sniper. It is the SWFA SS line. Swfa dropped super sniper a few years ago

Quick SCOTTY -  Beam Me Up   (my age is showing).

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2013 at 14:53

Yes but it says Super Sniper on the back of the black cap i just purchased.

Cool
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/28/2013 at 14:55
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Quick SCOTTY -  Beam Me Up   (my age is showing).

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger on the age. That SS sure brings back memories.

Excellent
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic