OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Question about a Bobro mount

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about a Bobro mount
    Posted: June/10/2013 at 20:29
I have a SS1-4, a SS1-6, and a SS3-15 all in Bobro mounts.  I really like them!!
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2013 at 14:27
1-4x SS
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
DevsAdvocate View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DevsAdvocate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2013 at 14:12
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

1-6x?
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2013 at 13:58
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

+1.  The Bobro is a great mount with a much better lockup than LaRue.  Have no fear with it.  

+2
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2013 at 13:52
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2013 at 13:09
"They" know where it is, ATF requires it.

They (bobros) are quite good, and LaRue has a following, for sure.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
tpcollins View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2013 at 12:59
Thanks guys, I could be peddling my LaRue on another forum (They love them there) and get another Bobro if they're that good.

Rancid - better keep that hid before they come to get it! Second thought, they may have a problem trying to do that.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2013 at 11:33
+1.  The Bobro is a great mount with a much better lockup than LaRue.  Have no fear with it.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2013 at 11:31

Like that one?

On the LaRue, I have moved far, far away from their mounts, having chewed up more than a few rails with their lever system.  Also, their return to zero isn't great.

On the Bobro, the lockup on the rail is far, far better.  Also, the one lever has a locking mechanism, so it won't open unless you really want it to.

I still have reservations regarding the nuts that hold the top rings halves in place (as they are proprietary and if one gets lost, I gotta go back to bobro for a replacement), but I have no concerns regarding durability, they are quite sturdy - having owned a few variations now.

The 3-9 SS is a great scope and easily one of the best values in the game.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
tpcollins View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2013 at 11:09
I have a Leupold 1.5-5x20 in a LaRue LT104 on my AR. I was able to get a used SWFA SS 3-9x40 that I've been wanting forever and since I couldn't find another LT104 used, I went with the Bobro he had the scope mounted in on his AR. 

I might put the SS in my current LT104 and use the Bobro for the lighter/shorter Leupold. The one QD lever on the Bobro has me concerned versus the two QD levers on the LT104 for stability. Just wondering how the Bobro stacks up as a solid mount? (I guess I'll know soon enough when it gets here towards the end of the week).  Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic