OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

The SWFA SS HD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaysonf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The SWFA SS HD
    Posted: May/31/2013 at 23:00
I was wondering, do anyone think that the SS 10x HD will ever be offered with a side focus? I am really interested in purchasing one, but I like the ergonomics of the 10x42M and I think a scope looks off without a 3rd turret. Follow up question: are there any advantages / disadvantages to the rear or side focus? Great forum you all have here!
“The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”
-- Our Lord General James Mattis
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2013 at 12:18
The rear focus is definitely easier for a left handed shooter. The scope is easy to adjust, and is less expensive to manufacture. While I don't have the HD model, I have had a original 10x for several years and have never felt disadvantaged because of the rear-focus. Most say the rear- focus also has a greater depth of field as well.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2013 at 13:16
Being a lefty, I prefer a rear focus or AO, as opposed to a side focus.....hocus pocus. Wink
I is a rear focus SS more robust than a side focus model? Don't know. 

Not sure why rear focus isn't offered on more scopes. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2013 at 18:26
CF always took pity on all the backward shooters & felt they should have their own signature scope so he  keeps the 10x in SS line Wink
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2013 at 21:06
Originally posted by stickbow46 stickbow46 wrote:

CF always took pity on all the backward shooters & felt they should have their own signature scope so he  keeps the 10x in SS line Wink

Oh good night Alice! An here I am without my hip waders.    Roll on Floor Laughing
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic