OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Wow - Leupold price difference

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wow - Leupold price difference
    Posted: May/27/2013 at 08:48
I was just cheking out Leupold site because I wanted to read about the new BX-4Hd binos, and looked at the prices for their stuff. I then realized that the new 2-12x42 is below half the price of what it cost here in Denmark.. thats just crazy. Dont know why Leupold is so expensive around here..

Well just because of the prices im going to find a way to get a VX-6 2-12x42 #4 Firedot + BX-4HD to my home! Either by taking a vacation to the states or find a way to get it shipped haha.

I saw the VX-6 is 30mm scope, since when have Leupold moved away from the 1" scopes?
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2013 at 09:09
Import taxes.....that's why so expensive......most manufacturers in us or supplying us have continued to move to 30mm not sure exactly when though. If I recall Denmark is near the top total tax rate, highest level of happiness though.....highest suicide rate. Worked for a Danish company a bit, they just bought tons of crap in us and shipped it back in large shipping containers or mailed back to themselves at company expense.   
That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
Renico View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/27/2013 at 09:57
Ah okay that seems right.

Dont know if it is possibe to get the optics shipped. They will probably get taken in customs and then I have to pay the same price as it retails around here..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic