OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

redfield revenge problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: redfield revenge problem
    Posted: May/23/2013 at 17:50
I've owned many scopes but never had one that will shift point of impact in small amounts.? This is a Redfield Revenge 6-18x44 used
on a 22 rim fire, POI will change after 1-2 rounds and it moves usually
.500-1.5 inches in all directions, I've never seen this and with many
brands purchased over the years I've owned a couple bad ones.

This is a new scope, mount is tight/secure, I have a control scope I use and rifle is fine with control scope.

I returned this scope to Leupold for repair and they simply returned with note, "no defects found"
EAGLE View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 18:07
Did you use same rings too?

Eagle
EAGLE View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 18:18
I would still check the action screws too.

Eagle
oldguy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 18:46
Checked mount/rings & action screws when I switch to the control scope shoots fine, .500 or less @50yards but with Redfield scope groups immediately open varies between .750-1.5+, all adjustments on Redfield seem OK, optics are clear. I'm just puzzled normally when I have a scope go bad it's easy to detect and/or extreme.
EAGLE View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 19:07
I don't own this scope so maybe someone else can help..

This scope is designed for larger calibers, has a built in range finding and a high mag range so what made you use this on a 22 ?

Just curious.

Good luck and hope you get it figured out.

Eagle
oldguy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 19:17
This is a fine plex model excellent for 22 target shooting out to 100 yards, If it worked correct.http://www.opticstalk.com/smileys/Big%20Grin.gif      
Chick View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2013 at 11:51
Eagle, if the scope works for centerfire, it should not have a problem with rimfire, should it?
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2013 at 13:55
Are you really checking for parallax adjustment? I know after shooting a few air rifle matches, that it usually makes more of problem at close range than it does at longer ranges.
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2013 at 16:49
What is the control scope you are using? Is it in the same magnification range? I have found that many times the more you increase the magnification past around 12x, the harder it is to correctly compensate for the exaggeration of movement. Then again I have not found much 22RF ammunition shot from a long barrel that is much more consistent than what you are mentioning at 50 yards. A12-18" barrel has proven better accuracy with rimfire ammunition for me.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2013 at 22:41
If the scope is ok and you are just having a parallax issue, then the problem will appear to get worse with higher power. 
I once got a cheap Chinese scope with a rifle trade that wouldn't shoot within a foot at 100 yds, when I took it for a spin.  Got something better to replace it and found loose mounting screws and the cheap aluminum mounts were wallowed out somewhat from recoil, allowing movement all over the place.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic