OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Zeiss hd5 2-10 vs leupold vx6 2-12 vs zwarovski z3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss hd5 2-10 vs leupold vx6 2-12 vs zwarovski z3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffan.86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss hd5 2-10 vs leupold vx6 2-12 vs zwarovski z3
    Posted: May/22/2013 at 23:26
please help I need some advice on which is the best of these three scopes as I can't decide. has anyone here used all three?
steffan.86 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steffan.86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2013 at 23:29
to be used for deer hunting on a tikka t3 lite 30-06 btw....
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2013 at 23:46
I have not seen all of them however they all sound like a very good choice to me so no matter which of them you select Im sure you will be OK. My personal preference would be Zeiss but Swarovski is good glass they make a Z5 3.5-18x44 that I would very much like to own.
Note:  SWFA will not ship outside the U.S. due to customs regs.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - May/22/2013 at 23:51

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 08:12
I have time with all of them
In all honesty they are all very, very close

I would say pick the one with the features you want most and you will be happy.
www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

scout14 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scout14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2013 at 19:53
The optics of the Swarovski would win this for me, and the BT feature is easy to use and just works. Swarovski all the way.
BobbyH View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2013 at 08:52
I've only spent time with the Swaro 3-10 and Leupy VX-6. Optically they are close, I might give the edge to the Leupold.  I like the CDS of the VX-6 and the Swaro 3-10 doesn't have a BT. Magnification range of 2-12 vs 3-10 no brainer who to go with.  Size and weight to the Swaro, it's very obvious when you put them side by side and pick them up.  That is the only real reason to go with the Swaro over the Leupy.   
EAGLE View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EAGLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2013 at 09:28
I don't own the ones talked about but I do own many Leupolds (not any above VX3), besides CS, ruggedness via hunter and military, over 800 american employees, great warranty, etc, they have the most reticle options, custom shop, and if you don't like the reticle later down the road, you may be able to have it changed for a lot less money vs a new scope.

PS: of coarse, I live in the USA.

I do have the newer VX3, 30 mm 4.5-14x50 with CDS and love it for quick spin of the dial at known ranges and it's more accurate than I am (holding true). It also exceeds my eyes, I was in my stand looking around waiting for it to break legal light and could not see my feeder and decided to look through my scope; and there where two doe and an Axis spike at the feeder which I could not see without the scope.

Eagle

Edited by EAGLE - May/26/2013 at 09:54
verminator View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2013 at 02:58
if the chap lives in Europe he wont have any probs finding all 3 off the above scopesSmile he could also consider the meopta ZD series excellent glass Howdy
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2013 at 20:05
Yep on Meopta, great scopes
Also add in Leica

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic