OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

bullet supply

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bullet supply
    Posted: May/20/2013 at 23:05
i have been to the local chain hunting store today.if you want 22's,9mm,223/5.56 or cheap 308's your are out of luck,but they have plenty of everything else.their ammo shipment arrives every Thursday ,with a line of folks buying it up.the ammo in those calibers is generally sold by closing. is it like that every where else? i have firearms in those calibers partly because i always thought their ammo would have the best availability .
never corner something meaner than you are jbc
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2013 at 23:22
Same same in Iowa. We all thougth those calibers would be good to go with ammo available at every walmart and every country store.  I am seeing 7.62x39 show up in limited quantities but I have not seen a box of 22 or 22 mag on the shelf for months.  Some of the other calibers trickle in but its sporatic and the reloading components are very sporatic also if you can find them at all.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 07:40
I go to walmart everymornign here in town.  they limit you to one box of a kind a day but you can by three different kinds if you want.  I've only picked up about 300 rounds of 22lr in about 4 weeks of doing this. I am good on most other stuff and have a list of friends that need ammo I buy for if I see something they need.  Works out well for them as they can't get there in the mornings.  I just tape the reciept to their ammo and they pay me back what it cost.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 08:06
Same here. No 22lr, bullets, powder, primers, brass, or loaded cheap or surplus ammo.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
DCAMM94 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAMM94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 08:50
I keep my alerts active at midway.  Last week I picked up a box of 175gr Barnes LRX in .308 caliber, and 100 53gr tsx in .224.  I have enough powder and primer at the moment, but I'm going to have to start planning for powder and primers soon.
Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement. -Winston Churchill
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 10:00
Same here in northern Pa.shelves are bare in my 3 wally worlds.When a shipment comes in it's gone by the time I get to the store & they won't start a list to make it fair.My closest store is 30 mls.away.Guess I'll have to stay on the internet with their outrageous prices.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 16:23
Same here in Ga. and our walmart's have the same 3 a day policy, but they can all 3 be the same. 
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 16:31
Who in the wide world of sports saw the .22 LR shortage coming?
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 20:33
Mark, my wife and I saw a brick of lightning 22 lr at a pawn shop recently sell for $225.  I never would have thought I'd see that!
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 21:54
My jaw hit the floor I actually found some 22mag ammo today and  got 3 boxes. I was so excited I left without asking if they had any gunpowder.  I felt like I had won the lottery.  Sad, I know, but I never got around to buying any 22 mag ammo to speak of and I only had a few rounds left. I may have to go back tomorrow to see if there is any left.  I just never thought 22 mag ammo or 22 ammo would simply not exist. 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2013 at 06:25
I shot 22s more than anything else, because they were cheap practice. I'd go through a brick every few weeks. I'm going through major withdraw symptoms.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chem-man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chem-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2013 at 19:45
It is improving somewhat. 22's are still scarce but I am fortunate that I live relatively close to the largest gun store in Kentucky. Check out Whittaker Guns on the Internet or Facebook , if ever travelling through northern Kentucky or southern Indiana it would be worth the detour to go see it. It is the "Wally World" of gun stores!
Breath, Relax, Aim, Stop, Squeeze...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic