OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Ultimate Sniper Scope by X.O.T.I.C.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ultimate Sniper Scope by X.O.T.I.C.
    Posted: June/30/2004 at 15:47

We are pleased to annouce a new long range scope by a new company.  Coming soon......

X.O.T.I.C.

Ultimate Sniper Scope

4-16x56 Mil-Dot, Matte Finish, Side Focus, 30mm. USS416X56M $799.95

The design team at X.O.T.I.C. (Xtreme Operations Tactical Instruments Corporation) set out with one goal, to build the world's brightest, clearest, most durable, repeatable long range sniper scope in the world. Every top scope on the market today and some that are no longer made were dissected to make sure that the U.S.S. (Ultimate Sniper Scope) was better in every aspect.  No limitations were set while designing and testing the U.S.S.  Mil-spec requirements were not tough enough; most of our tests took the scope to a level never before seen in manufacturing.  Over two years of unimaginable real world tests were conducted to make sure that the end result was deserving of the title The Ultimate Sniper Scope.

The U.S.S. was designed and built around its rugged one piece, reinforced, aircraft structural aluminum, 30mm main tube.  The optical glass is hand selected and must meet exacting standards before it is ground or coated. Every lens is polished to perfection then fully multi-coated with proprietary non glare, high resolution coatings.  Special glues are used to resist discoloration in extreme heat environments.  The braces holding the lenses are double reinforced and every seal is waterproof and can withstand the pressure of depths down to 66 feet in salt water.  Pure dry nitrogen is used to fill the tube to prevent any chance of internal moisture fogging the lenses.  A special 340HV hardened anodized finish is baked on under extreme heat to make the tube scratch resistant on the outside, eliminate light loss through reflection on the inside and prevents internal flaking under excessive, extreme recoil.  A large torx head center screw holds the massive windage, elevation, and side focus parallax turrets securely to each shaft with splines.  Windage and Elevation adjustments are in 1/4  M.O.A. increments with over 100 M.O.A. of elevation adjustment to easily allow the shooter to engage targets beyond 1,000 yards without using special bases.  Extra effort went into the extremely tactile and audible turrets themselves to make sure they could be operated with or without gloves, easily being able to count clicks by ear and/or feel.  The adjustments actually use an innovative ball bearing design that guarantees they will never wear from contacting the inner tube.  A totally new gear system was developed and patented that makes the scopes body more than 34x stronger than a conventional design.  The objective lens is set back in the housing to reduce glint and protect the lens from damage.  The unbreakable, glass sandwiched, laser etched, mil dot reticle has been placed in the 1st focal plane to allow the shooter to range and shoot on any power setting while maintaining proper mil spacing.  The erector tube is held in place with an over sized coil spring system (in lieu of a leaf spring), this design can withstand extended heavy recoil from any caliber.  Most professional shooters are trained with fixed 10x scopes and prefer to shoot on 10x so a custom Power-Stop feature was incorporated that allows the shooter to stop on 10x without looking at the power selector.  The U.S.S. produces an unsurpassed 5.6mm exit pupil on 10x that will allow you to easily shoot in low light, long range situations.  10x is optimum for long range shooting in the heat of the day when mirages can be an issue.  The rubber edged ocular utilizes an oversized lug to quickly change magnifications and an easy to grasp, knurled fast focus eye piece that will allow the shooter to easily and quickly focus without having to rise up off of the weapon.  The oversized side focus parallax turret is marked in yardage from 50 to 1,000 but has the capability to adjust for parallax beyond 1,000 yards while the shooter remains in the shooting position.  The broad power range allows the shooter to easily locate targets on 4x with a super wide 23 foot field of view then zoom up to 16x if needed.

Mission accomplished is what you will say once you see the U.S.S. in person. As of right now these custom scopes are produced in small batches because of the complexity of their design and commitment to quality control.  The direct from the factory to shooter price is introductory, once these scopes are sold through conventional distribution channels they will retail for $1,200.00 - $1,500.00.  Place your order today for fall 2004 delivery.  Each scope has a two year direct-replacement warranty, meaning that the shooter will not have to be without a scope in the highly unlikely event that the scope fails.  X.O.T.I.C. is so confident that you will be pleased with your purchase of your Ultimate Snipe Scope that they offer a 30 day no questions asked money back guarantee with each and every U.S.S. scope sold.  And as if that was not enough each scope is also backed by a full

hast View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2004 at 10:13
When do you think it will be for sale, and what other scopes do you think would be equail to it?
RICK WILKINSON View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICK WILKINSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/01/2004 at 13:45
Hi Chris, do you have any pics of this new scope?  What is the length and weight?  And is it going to be offered in an illuminated model?
hast View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2004 at 11:36

knock knock anybody home

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2004 at 11:48

hast wrote:

When do you think it will be for sale, and what other scopes do you think would be equail to it?

The press release only states fall 2004.  I don't know if there is anything equall to it.  I guess the closest would be a NF.

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2004 at 11:53

RICK WILKINSON wrote:

Hi Chris, do you have any pics of this new scope?  What is the length and weight?  And is it going to be offered in an illuminated model?

I am trying my hardest to get some photos of one and will post them as soon as I get them.

We were not supplied with a length or weight but being 56mm and extra heavy duty I bet it weighs a lot.  Right now it looks like there is only one model in one configuration.

RICK WILKINSON View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICK WILKINSON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2004 at 15:42

Chris, can you post any pictures of the new x.o.t.i.c. tactical scopes yet and have you received any info on length and weight.  Thanks.

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2004 at 14:14

Don't know anything about the picture other than it does not show the scope very good.  Still no weight and length.  I am trying to get better pics.  Our ad agency has some more that were used in our catalog that you can download here (page 6) and here (page 4). Large PDF files from our newest catalog.

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2004 at 09:35

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2004 at 09:41
hast View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2004 at 15:16

so Chris so when do you think we can put our hot hands on one

any more info other than

Power: 4x-16x

Objective: 56mm.

Tube Design: One Piece 30mm.

Exit Pupil: 14mm at 4x / 3.5mm at 16x

Field of View: 23" at 4x / 8" at 16x

Eye Relief: 4.7" at 4x / 3.3" at 16x

Waterproof: 66'

Shockproof: Over 2,000 G

Adjustment Range: 105 M.O.A. of Elevation 90 M.O.A. of Windage

paul

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2004 at 15:29

The best information we have is that they will be here within two months.  I don't have any further details as far as specs go yet.

Manuel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2004 at 16:01
what about an estimated price
Manuel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2004 at 16:10
kinda looks like a primo beefy SS  im not sure i dig the 1st focal plane reticle though
ClutterMonkey View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClutterMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2004 at 18:52
Not that impressed yet, the suits crap and id take light over beefy based on inertia. Plus you need 3 more milimeters of clearance to add to the leverage of the mounts most assuredly mounted to a high powered rifle. Psuedo L33T name with no obvious history might make it a hard sell. Love the warranty though. Dunno id have to see. -Clutter
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2004 at 09:24
$799.95
trigger time View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger time Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2004 at 10:02

It's nice to see a new company in our field of interest, but I am waiting to see how clear and bright it really is. Has anyone had a chance to handle one yet?

Michael McDonal View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael McDonal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2004 at 15:22

I was asked by the mfg and SWFA to test this scope and report on its short comings, while it was still in the Beta phase of development.  I am not employed by either organization. The usual method of testing results in a box of parts being returned to the mfg with a kind note citing those things that failed, the order they failed in, the cause and the solution. The write up on testing methodology and results would consume about 7 pages. In the case of this unit, despite my best efforts, it would not fail. I did manage to flake a small piece of the interior finish in some pretty brutal testing  over a couple months time, but that , and changing the method of attatchment on the adjustment knobs was the extent of the  list. The glass in this unit can be compared to the top 5 scope makers in the world and be found to equal all and easily exceed some.  Field of view is good, optical clarity is outstanding, right to the edge of the FOV.

Manuel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2004 at 14:46
chris does the reticle appear normal size at 10x then get larger as u crank up from 10? or does it appear normal at the lowest magnification then get progressively larger as u crank up through the power range.... i am indeed impressed by this scope as well as the price....
Manuel View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manuel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2004 at 15:39

i am thoroughly confused as what to get now.... thanks for making my choices that much harder chris  zeiss  i did pick up my rifle today the hs precision .308win  and it is currently waiting for its owner (me) to choosing its scope ........ ZEISS Conquest 4.5-14 target

nikon tactical and waiting for this new scope

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic