OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Remington 870 Tactical

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2013 at 09:24
What weapons light system would yall recommend for this as well, I want something simple.  Low(ish) profile with a pressure switch ability.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
TRP_Operator View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRP_Operator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2013 at 22:54
There are two I like the first works well for a pressure switch

The one I use is this

I personally don't use a pressure switch on a shotgun. I have found that the recoil tends to shake the pressure switch loose. Also anything thing that moves or is mounted on action to me is just asking for something to break or come loose or fall etc. 

I use the small forward mount with a TLR-1 and like it. with that mount you can use it below the barrel or either side you choose.  Its small and inexpensive and works for what I want anyway. 

I know there are more, these are two I have messed with. I know mesa tactical makes one and they make really nice stuff. I have used the surefire fore end on dept. shotguns. One thing I saw with those was they were starting to cause some problems with the action bars because of the extra weight of the light and fore end. To be clear though they were not causing malfunctions or mis-feeds. Just problems when breaking down the shotguns for cleaning or inspections. 
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2013 at 08:48
Why the pressure switch Graham? I run a Sure Fire light with a button on mine. Don't recall the make of the mount, but its rock solid.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 07:42
Always had pressure on my AR's but now that I think of it I don't need it on this as it would be hot or not, no need for that ability.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2013 at 09:11
Roger that.

I can't remember the make of my mount, but its a good one to use with a Sure Fire flashlight.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic