OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

One piece mount for Armalite AR10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fnbrowning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One piece mount for Armalite AR10
    Posted: May/10/2013 at 14:56

Hello;

I have recently bought a US Optics ST-10 TPAL to mount on my  AR10A4 flat top rifle. 

I quickly found that the old scope mount ring-to-ring distance is not sufficient for the USO ST-10 TPAL. The inside distance between the integral rings is too short, and both scope rings impinge on the erector assembly in the middle of the scope.

Would anyone like to recommend a one-piece scope mount for gas gun 1913(Picatinny) rail systems? 
NO additional MOA built in mount.

I should say something cheaper that USO's UMQDS mount system, $380 is a crazy price! Whacko
"I'm your biggest fan, Ms Blake . . Well, the most heavily armed anyway"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2013 at 20:13
I know the La Rue LT111-30mm will fit that scope however to determine if the AADLAND or the BOBRO mount will fit please call SWFA and ask them. Phone Number: (972) SCOPE-IT (972-726-7348) Im sure the Badger Ordnance ones will fit they make them is Steel and Alloy and the steel ones are too heavy for words Ive had them. I also prefer the one piece type of system that is slightly forward.

Badger Ordnance Maximized Scope 30mm Rings Badger Ordnance Maximized Scope 30mm Rings
Stock # - 30618
  • Matte
  • Ultra High (1.4")
  • Max-Alloy
$167.95 
Aadland AR 30mm Scope Mount Aadland AR 30mm Scope Mount
Stock # - AAD3020GII
  • Gen II
  • 20 MOA Slope
  • CNC Machined from 7075-T6 Billet Aluminum
  • 30mm
  • Integral Anti-Cant Bubble Level
  • Made in the USA
  • Lifetime Warranty
$229.95 
Aadland AR 30mm Scope Mount With Picatinny Ring Top Aadland AR 30mm Scope Mount With Picatinny Ring Top
Stock # - AAD3020GIITOP
  • Gen II
  • 20 MOA Slope
  • 30mm
  • Made in the USA
  • Lifetime Warranty
  • Includes 1 picatinny ring top & 1 regular ring top
$269.95 
SWFA Precision Optic 30mm Mount SWFA Precision Optic 30mm Mount
Stock # - SWFA201300
  • Low
  • Slightly Forward
$209.95 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Trigger slap View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger slap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2013 at 20:20

Burris AR-P.E.P.R. 30mm Scope Mount Burris AR-P.E.P.R. 30mm Scope Mount
Stock # - 410341
  • Matte
  • Picatinny Tops
$74.95

Burris AR-P.E.P.R. QD 30mm Scope Mount Burris AR-P.E.P.R. QD 30mm Scope Mount
Stock # - BUR410342
  • Matte
  • Picatinny Tops
  • Quick Detachable
$94.95
How can we call it unalienable when we allow it to be suspended revoked or restricted?
Tek74 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tek74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2013 at 23:42
I've been reading good things about the $229 Aadland 1-pc mount. I used the Armalite 30mm 1-pc mount in the past to mount a NF on an AR10T. At $90 it worked fine, but I'm really considering the Aadland with my next scope purchase.
Hey man, is this thing loaded?
Jon A View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2013 at 16:05
Our mount does work well with T-Pals:

Even if you don't need the 20 MOA slope, it won't hurt anything with that scope.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2013 at 17:51
Mercy! That is a sweet set up, Jon. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2013 at 19:31
If you do not want any slope built in, Aadmount might not work for you.

If you can deal with built in 20MOA, Aadmount is easily my top recommendation for a non-QD mount.  I probably have more mileage with these mounts than almost anyone else out there except for JonA, of course), since i use them almost exclusively for my articles.

My recommendations for Ar mounts are usually quite simple:

-non-QD: Aadmount

-with QD levers: Bobro or ADM

It does not mean that other mounts out there are not good.  It simply means that these are the ones I have the most confidence in through personal experience.

ILya
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2013 at 20:05
ILya is absolutely correct.  There ARE other mounts out there that compare in quality and function.  However, I've not found a one piece mount, semi-QD (or non-QD), that compares in value to the Aadmount.  I've been a long-time hater of AR-type rifles, but finally broke down and got one.  After considerable research and comparison, the Aadmount was the only one that met my very strict requirements and maintained a reasonable cost.  I hope Jon produces a QD mount.  If so, I will own one.  If you must have a QD, ILya's recommendations are solid (get it... solid... scope mounts...). 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Magnumdood View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnumdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2013 at 07:27
Near Mfg. has to be included in any discussion of one-piece mounts.  Richard (Near) manufactures beautiful, yet beefy/rock-solid one piece mounts for tactical or hunting applications.  They aren't cheap; I use his tactical mount, called the Alpha Mount, exclusively on all of my huge inventory (5 long guns).  I also paired the mounts with one of his rails.  I have spoken at length with several custom gunsmiths that were familiar with Richard's products.  To a person they said his rails were consistently the straightest available.  I call his hardware functional artwork.  

Yes, he is that good.
America - Home of the Free

Because of the Brave
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2013 at 08:00
Originally posted by Magnumdood Magnumdood wrote:

Near Mfg. has to be included in any discussion of one-piece mounts.  Richard (Near) manufactures beautiful, yet beefy/rock-solid one piece mounts for tactical or hunting applications.  They aren't cheap; I use his tactical mount, called the Alpha Mount, exclusively on all of my huge inventory (5 long guns).  I also paired the mounts with one of his rails.  I have spoken at length with several custom gunsmiths that were familiar with Richard's products.  To a person they said his rails were consistently the straightest available.  I call his hardware functional artwork.  

Yes, he is that good.
I fully concur.  Richard Near is an artist..

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Magnumdood View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnumdood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2013 at 15:20
Nice rig Kickboxer!
America - Home of the Free

Because of the Brave
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2013 at 15:28
I have limited experience with Near mounts, but the ones I have seen looked very good.

ILya
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2013 at 13:47
Are you wanting a quick release set up?

SWFA Precision Optic 30mm MountSWFA Precision Optic 30mm Mount
Stock # - SWFA201300
  • Low
  • Slightly Forward
$209.95

If a fixed mount would suffice, Then choose the Aad Mount.

Aadland AR 30mm Scope MountAadland AR 30mm Scope Mount
Stock # - AAD3020GII
  • Gen II
  • 20 MOA Slope
  • 30mm
  • Made in the USA
  • Lifetime Warranty
$229.95
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic