OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

GREAT day at the Army's terrain.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GREAT day at the Army's terrain.
    Posted: May/09/2013 at 08:58

I am a member of a shooting club that are much into classic guns and rifles. They arranged a trip up north to a military terrain where one of the members is working for the Danish Army.
Now there were a LOT newer hardware there to. We all got to test what ever we wanted, and had a great trip.
We were shooting from 75 yards and up to 545 yards on pop ups. After a little testing the Blaser showed great results on all distances. ( I was real happy for my turrets on the Leupy)

Here's some pics from the trip. 

Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 09:00
Seems like i got it all listed backwards ClownClownClown
Hope it goes.
Savage 93 17.HMR. Tikka Tac A1 308 Blaser R8 6,5-55 / 30-06. Beretta Silver Pigeon. Comming up-TIKKATAC A1 22LR

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 09:04
I see a blaser LRS2 in there.  Nice.  My LRS1 is spooky accurate.  Makes me feel like a shooter.

looks like a blast, Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Post a pic of your R8 when you can.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 09:29
I'm sure you hated shooting the MG 74 too.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 09:39
Hey that's my old garrand, send it back now Wink Looks like a fun day you lucky guy .
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Claus View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 09:56

Yeah it sure was fun trying all those different shooters. The MG74 had his own chapter that day. Man i felt like a soldier at war with all that ammo on a string ha ha. I didn't hit very well with it but just shooting the bastard was a blast. Sure glad i wasn't going ashore on D-day with one of these in my arms. I think it weighs 10-12 kg or something like that.
The LRS2 was real mean i couls see. I didn't try it though, but i saw the owner shoot it and he did a great job.

¨
I never shot pop ups before, and i would have prefered the electronic devises to see more accurate where i was hitting. But like i said there were no problems at 500meter at all. 

Glock View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2013 at 11:05
You lucky man, I'm so bloody jealous right now.
Regards Chris
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic