OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Base and rings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 270wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Base and rings
    Posted: May/03/2006 at 10:41
I have a browning 270 wsm and am thinking about putting my SS10X42 30mm on top what base and rings should I get also thinking of flipups for scope.Gun shoots 1''to1''1 1/4 at 100yards now with a bushnell 3X9.Thanks
jvc
Yotecaller1 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yotecaller1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/03/2006 at 19:29

Get Butler Creek Flip ups.  THey're really smooth.

mary View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2006 at 12:40

270WSM,

Just out of curiosity, I know that you have a Browning Long action 270WSM but which one do you have? A-Bolt, BAR?  Let me know so I can let you know which ones exactly you will need.  Also SWFA only carry Butler Creeks that fit that scope the 026K kit part #.

Mary

Edited by mary
I thrive on knowledge...Help me learn....
270wsm View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 270wsm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2006 at 14:31
 Mary thanks for helping out I have browning A bolt.Also thanks   yotecaller1
jvc
mary View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2006 at 12:18

270WSM,

For that Browning 270 wsm, you could go with part# LEU50030 which is a two piece STD base in matte finish. The part # LEU49956 medium 30mm rings in matte finish is what most people purchase.  There are the Leupold Dual Dovetail, Quick Release or the QRW/PRW bases and rings that work on the gun also.  You also could go with Burris Supreme Universal Base, Trumount Universal base, Double Dovetail or even the Xtreme Tactical base. With the same height rings.  I hope this information helps.  If you need more part #s please let me know.  I can get those for you.  Also like I said the Butler Creek flip ups Part # 026k fits that scope. 

Mary

I thrive on knowledge...Help me learn....
catusbill View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catusbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2006 at 13:38
I have the same "A" Bolt and went through several base and ring setups. Had movement in rear mount from recoil. Replaced rear mounts twice. Final solution was the Double Dove Tails Leupold and 30mm medimun rings.

LEU50159 two piece mounts. . . . . . $19.95

LEU49957 dual dovetail 30mm med.  $34.95

Less than $60.00 shipped from SWFA.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic