OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - new Steiner night hunter xp roof vrs older porro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

new Steiner night hunter xp roof vrs older porro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethirdpig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new Steiner night hunter xp roof vrs older porro
    Posted: April/29/2013 at 22:13
I am so sad. I lost my 10 x 50 N.H. XPs. I won't bore you with details but let's just say it's best to be sure they are in your truck before you drive off. OUCH! I want to replace them The clarity was great and I loved the auto focus especially in low light. The new ones do not have auto focus and it was a great feature. There was no going back and forth focusing. I could see everyhting clearly and in detail. In low light I did not have to guess about being focused properly or not.  Can anyone give me an experienced comparison of how the new roofs stand up to the porros? I know I will be able to see objects closer than before but I am unable to imagine any other benefits that make them better than my previous pair. ( excuse the tears and the time out I took to kick myself in the rear again) Please offer any opinions to this sad hunter. Thanks
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2013 at 14:02
I have a pair of the new Nighthunter XP's in 8x42 and they are nice and sharp. The only Steiner porro Steiner's I have to compare themto would be an older pair of Whitetail 7x50 which I just had cleaned and resealed by the factory recently and the newer Nighthunter's have better glass to be certain. I know what you mean about that "auto focus" feature and how beneficial it is in low light.

Edited by Roy Finn - April/30/2013 at 14:08
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic