OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Who is the worst terriorist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who is the worst terriorist
    Posted: April/19/2013 at 17:24
Who is the most dangerous terriorest. The Teenager that should have been spanked years ago or the Boston police. The police department has shut down the entire city. Holding the populace prisoner in there own homes under fear from what the police will do to them if they go out.  While the police go door to door looking for what. An alleged suspect. They are not looking for a convicted felon. All week nothing was done and the city survived with both alleged bombers free. Is this the kind of rationality we should respect or fear? Yesterday California passed bills that provides the first $24,000,000 to specifically be used to confiscate guns. Where will this hysteria end. I can assure all of you. For sure it will not be a good or safe place.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2013 at 19:34
Easy answer... obama administration... biggest, most prolific terrorist organization on earth...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2013 at 19:52
I think it is a little simplistic to categorise these two guys guys as "teenagers who should have been spanked". When you look at what they did and continued to do, and hoped to do (killing the MIT guard, trying to kill multiple police officers) they are way beyond the pale.  Still in the early stages of understanding the full situation so I'll reserve further judgement. 

Some pretty gray areas to be looked at.  Torture is against most civilised conventions too, but if it saves lives (think Guantanamo/Al Qaeda) does that make us as bad as "them"?
God save the Empire!
Bigdave View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2013 at 20:09
The problem is that in most cases you have to be as bad as them...... Or worse, to win, what do you think it will take to straighten out Mexico? It will have to happen sooner or later, and kindness mixed with a good attitude will not cut the crap.
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2013 at 20:22
When they commit acts of terriorism they surrender all rights to humanity and humane treatment. You do what is necessary to get the information to stop the threat. I am not cruel in heart or mind but in understanding what we are dealing with, it demands a hard hand and absolute inforcement.

Also watching the coverage of the standoff tonite all but drove me nuts!!!!!!!!!
You'd think we've learned nothing about how terror cells work. Law and rescue personal made themselves sittin ducks for a secondary disaster while waiting to get this guy out of a boat!! An extraction team and a premiter security team is all that should have been on site. I hope they don't ever get a first hand lesson on how "NOT" to handle these things in the future. These little stunts have a purpose. The other cells are watching to see how we respond. Secondary attacks are a standard with these killers.
If your are ever unfortunate to be in the area where something like this happens. Unless you are assigned to be there "DON'T" hang around to see how it ends!!! These jerks are nasty and they fight nasty. If your not directly envolved in the solution you are a liability and need to evaporate asap.

Also, guess I shouldn't be supprised but, FOX news reported that the jerk was in custody a full ten minutes before ABC got around to it. I was beginning to wonder if they were gonna even report it at all.
Head Banger
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2013 at 20:34
I agree with you Sarge and that's kinda my point.  "You do what is necessary to get the information to stop the threat"  in the heat of the moment facing a very real threat to the public it's easy to extrapolate that to, "You do what is necessary to stop the threat" - including entering buildings that are locked with no response from inside despite repeated warnings from the teams that are going to enter. 
God save the Empire!
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2013 at 22:29
Originally posted by Bigdave Bigdave wrote:

"The problem is that in most cases you have to be as bad as them... Or worse, what do you think it will take to straighten out Mexico? It will have to happen sooner or later, and kindness mixed with a good attitude will not cut the crap."

Well, POTUS and the Senate tell me  that all we need to do is pass the new immigration bill with amnesty and freebies and... SNAP
Oh hell, it's late and I fell asleep in my chair and was having a nightmare- nevermind.

"... Also watching the coverage of the standoff tonite all but drove me nuts!!!!!!!!!
You'd think we've learned nothing about how terror cells work. Law and rescue personal made themselves sittin ducks for a secondary disaster while waiting to get this guy out of a boat!! "

No lie!!! Gave me another chance to yell at the frickin' screen!
Hell, even I know better than what was happening and I'm just a kind gentle loving sort.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2013 at 17:03
Isn't it frightening at the speed, intel gathering capabilities, man power, technology, weapons, etc. that this country has at it's disposal to track down and apprehend anyone they deem an "enemy of the state"? 

I'm grateful that this power was used this time to nab this guy, don't get me wrong, but I'm in awe at the ease in which this government can initiate martial law against it's own citizenry.     
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Chem-man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chem-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2013 at 22:28
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Isn't it frightening at the speed, intel gathering capabilities, man power, technology, weapons, etc. that this country has at it's disposal to track down and apprehend anyone they deem an "enemy of the state"? 

I'm grateful that this power was used this time to nab this guy, don't get me wrong, but I'm in awe at the ease in which this government can initiate martial law against it's own citizenry.     

Well said.
Breath, Relax, Aim, Stop, Squeeze...
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2013 at 23:05
Originally posted by Chem-man Chem-man wrote:

Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Well said.

+1
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic