OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Rings and bases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Need help - Steyr AUG with CQB scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teninadime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help - Steyr AUG with CQB scope
    Posted: April/13/2013 at 22:04
Need help on mounting a Super Sniper 1-6x24 on a Steyr AUG 3

Looking at the various forward mounting bases used for AR's…do I need this forward base or just a straight up base?

Anyone having gone thru trial and error or simply knows what is best would appreciate your help

thanks
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2013 at 08:56
Not being familiar with the A3, but would like to be, I'm guessing a forward mount would be what you want.
You might try shouldering the rifle with your cheek weld, and then take the scope with your off hand and place it where you have a proper image. Then look to see where the scope is in relation to the rail to see if you need a forward mount or not.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
teninadime View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teninadime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2013 at 19:21
Thanks

I actually tried the forward mount and it was too much for this rifle, got the straight up, no forward American Defense mount and it is perfect.

Thanks
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 08:06
Originally posted by teninadime teninadime wrote:

Thanks

I actually tried the forward mount and it was too much for this rifle, got the straight up, no forward American Defense mount and it is perfect.

Thanks

Good to hear. I've only used fixed 4x scopes on the A1 AUG with STANAG mounts. They were a perfect fit, but most variables are longer, so I wasn't sure how they would fit on an A3.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic