OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Reluctant Leupold fan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p35bhp55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reluctant Leupold fan
    Posted: April/07/2013 at 17:46
I've liked Burris scopes for years but the recent change in the product line has left me out. I have plenty of the ones they make that suit me, but the ones I'd hoped to add have gone by the way. So I got a new VXR 4x12x40 Ballistic Firedot, set in a BOBRO mount and locked on a Bushy ORC in 308. The electronics are the best I've got, everything looks and works the way it should and it seems very clear and crisp. The big surprise was after leveling and tightening the rings it shot almost to POA. A buddy and I shot up a soda can on the pond bank at about 220 yards and I have yet to remove the caps from the scope. I wish the wind would stop, really want to get serious about setting it but not today.
More gun laws? Not just no, but HELL NO!
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2013 at 19:24
I have the 3-9x VX-R and so far, I like it. Got mine on a Rem 700 truck gun in .223 Remington. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Adelbridge View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adelbridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2013 at 14:05
p35bhp55 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p35bhp55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2013 at 20:24
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I have the 3-9x VX-R and so far, I like it. Got mine on a Rem 700 truck gun in .223 Remington. 

Due to a hiccup, I had a duplex Firedot that wasn't mine. I wanted to keep it also but when I realized there was a significant price difference it got shipped back today. Didn't want anyone to think I was scamming them for the more expensive scope. Oh well, need the money for the Z3 I'm lusting after.
More gun laws? Not just no, but HELL NO!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic