OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Kahles optics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kahles optics
    Posted: April/06/2013 at 16:35
I just saw they will be out with a spectacular scope in a 2,4-12x56 Illuminated. Dream scope for me - Maybe later, hehe.

I was wondering if anyone got some experince with the brand, or especially a Kahles Helia C 2,5-10x50 because I just got a good price on one.

I hear they should be great and very bright.

Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2013 at 17:35
Here is a couple of reviews on Kahles scopes.

http://www.opticstalk.com/kahles-k624i-vs-everything-else_topic34865.html

http://www.opticstalk.com/kahles-k312-review_topic35232.html

The Kahles scopes I have looked through have been impressive to say the least.
Renico View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2013 at 07:05
Cool. Im really considering buying a Helia C 2,5-10x50. - then I have a awesome scope until I can change it to a Helia5 2,4-12x56i.

Just of curosity, what is the difference between the Helia CBX and the Helia CSX?
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2013 at 18:45
CBX is a FFP scope and the CSX is a SFP reticle.  Other than that, it may just be the reticle choices.

ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2013 at 20:53
I have owned several of their hunting scopes, top notch for sure.
Currently own K312 "tactical" scope

If the model you are looking at has the features you want, you won't be disappointed..
www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2013 at 08:14
CSX's are also illuminated. I have two L's, a C and a CSX. They have excellent optics and have a solid feel compared to many other scopes I have.
Doug
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2013 at 11:50
CBX is illuminated as well.

CBX has a first focal plane reticle, CSX has 2nd focal plane reticle.

I currently have 3 Kahles scopes and one of their binos. Their scopes are outstanding across the board, though their binos don't live up to the high standard of their rifle scopes optically. It's an "alpha" brand in the same class as Zeiss, Swarovski, Leica, S&B, etc. In fact, Kahles is the oldest rifle scope manufacturer in the world.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Trickster View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trickster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2013 at 14:00
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

In fact, Kahles is the oldest rifle scope manufacturer in the world.

Actually, Zeiss is older. Founded in 1846, while Kahles was founded in 1898 Wink

(sorry for the offtopic)
(sorry #2, didn't see the rifle scope manufacturer part Big Smile)
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"

-A. Einstein
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2013 at 17:13
In other words, Kahles manufactured the world's first rifle scope.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
stilhuntin View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stilhuntin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/09/2013 at 20:08
I currently have two Kahles scopes and they are superb. Both have held zero for several years and truly come to life at low light. Never had an issue or problem with either so future service is not a factor.

I will be getting a Cooper in a few months and want to reward it with some great glass. I am looking at the CSX 2.5-10x50 with digital illumination technology that is listed on their website. Problem is I have searched the web and this scope is not to be found (or maybe it's operator error).
Does the KXI model listed at SWFA have the digital illumination technology or analog?
The digital system is supposed to be a really great illumination system. It has to be true because I read it on the Internet.

The K series is really out of my league. Any thoughts, comments will certainly be appreciated.
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2013 at 05:56
Had a CBX (actually a CB converted to the CBX illumination system) and the Kahles illumination was fantastic.  Closest I can find to it is the Zeiss Varipoint illumination system.  Can't speak for the KXi model. 

I'm under the impression that the CSX, C and CBX series are not currently offered.  You'll have to find one on one of the auction sites or Sample List if they come avaialable.

ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2013 at 08:18
Not all models are being brought into the US

You should check with Ken Pratt

stilhuntin View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stilhuntin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2013 at 21:09
Sorry, but I am not familiar with Mr. Pratt.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2013 at 14:17
Doh
Sorry
US distributor for Kahles
Do a google search for Khales USA or
Khaybes ,LLC

Renico View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2013 at 15:15
Thanks all.

Because off good price and positive feedback, im buying a Kahles Helia C 2,5-10x50 and a pair of their binos 10x42 (I like to use the same brand in both scope and binos)

- Later ill probably upgrade to the Helia5 2,4-12x56i which seems to be f**king awesome in all aspects.

Renico View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2013 at 06:22
How would any of you compare the Kahles Helia C 2,5-10x50 to the Swarovski Habicht 3-12x50?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic