OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver T-10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rat Rod Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver T-10
    Posted: April/01/2013 at 18:40
I know where there MAY be an old Weaver T-10 with a dot for sale. It's an old Weaver from the late 70's or maybe the early 80's made in El Paso. I thought if I could get it right I may put it on a .22 for playing around shooting metallic silhouette's not competition, but just with myself at the range. I would bet that there are better scopes out there after all of these years, but that Micro Trac that was used on these old Weavers was a pretty good setup. Should I pursue this scope or just get a newer one. If I should elect to go after it what is a good price?  Thanks   RRM
boats View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2013 at 07:11
I used to use Weaver T's silhouette still have a T 16 and T 10 both on Varmint rifles. Adjustment clicks & parallax is as good as it gets. Optics not as bright as new scopes & not waterproof. Used on Ebay either one would be a 300-400 dollar scope. Both Keepers would not sell them even at the Ebay prices.

Scopes almost everybody uses for Silhouette now are Leupolds 750 plus or new Asian made Weavers 350 or so. If you can get the T 10 cheap and don't mind the older optics they are great scopes. 10 is a much better plinking scope than higher power Silhouette outfits. Very appropriate for a classic .22 like Remington 541's

Boats
Boats
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2013 at 23:01
I have owned a T6, two T 10s and a T 16 and considered them all very good performers, having used one of the T 10s and the T 6 for rimfire silhouette.  I agree with Boats, the optics are decent but don't work as well for me as modern scopes or as they did 25 years ago.  At gun shows around the Pacific Northwest asking prices for clean users with clear lenses run in the $175 to $225 range.  The asking prices for minty ones are north of $250 and IMO over priced based on optical quality.  Most user grade T scopes will have faded and worn bluing and check for rust on the tube if rings are mounted on them.  Optical quality, for me, goes down hill as magnification goes up.  The 6 and 10 powers are good solid performers for rimfire if the glass works for your eyes and they seem to be very durable scopes.  I still use old US K 4 Weavers on several vintage rifles.  To me very nice 6 and 10 T scopes would be worth $175 and $200 if I wanted one and they are fading into history. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic