OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Best Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Scope
    Posted: March/27/2013 at 21:37
I do a lot of coyote hunting at night and i recently just bought a 308 to hunt with and it came with a cheap chinese scope i am just looking for opinions on what the best scope out there to use at night would be.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2013 at 22:19
How much are you willing to spend? "Best" will lighten your wallet considerably.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2013 at 22:54
EOTech CNVD-T Clip-On Thermal Weapon Sight
Stock # - CQB001A7
  • Tan
$20,728.95
Only thing is it will take a lot of skins to justify the price.Shocked   Big Grin
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
DMAL View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2013 at 11:13
I do not worry about prices i enjoy hunting and i will spend whatever is necessary to improve it. ha 
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2013 at 11:55
If you're wanting the best optic to predator hunt through even the darkest, moonless night without a spotlight, then night vision optics is the way to go, per 3_tens' post above.

If you're just looking for the best "money is no object" conventional rifle scope with the best low light performance that gives you extra time before sunup and after sundown, it doesn't get any better than these:

http://swfa.com/Zeiss-25-10x50-Victory-HT-T-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P56136.aspx
http://swfa.com/Zeiss-3-12x56-Victory-HT-T-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P56137.aspx

A high end, high light transmission, illuminated reticle scope like those two will also allow you to hunt all night with decent moon light, but no conventional rifle scope is the equal of night vision. For hunting in complete darkness, NV isn't just the best option; it's the only option.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2013 at 11:59
IMO this one of the best low light scopes I have ever used for the money. This gives plenty field of view combined with the magnification to stretch the effective range to the max for the 308. Kahles coatings and lens systems provide one of the best and brightest views on the market without adding another $1000 to the price.
Kahles 3.5-10x50 Helia KXi Riflescope Kahles 3.5-10x50 Helia KXi Riflescope
Stock # - KAH10504
  • Matte
  • Illuminated 4-Dot (Red)
  • 1"
  • 2nd Focal Plane
$1,443.00
Add Kahles 3.5-10x50 Helia KXi Riflescope to Cart
Here is a link to a recent Kahles review.
http://www.opticstalk.com/kahles-k312-review-with-pics_topic34813_post498100.html?KW=Kahles#498100
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Trickster View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trickster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2013 at 12:08
"A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?"

-A. Einstein
elora12 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elora12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2013 at 02:52

Lots of options you can get from the market but it is necessary to understand your exact requirement though in general i would suggest two riflescope for your .308 that doesn't even pinch your pocket much.  

Out of many brands i recommend Nightforce or Vortex. There are two which i have experienced are "Vortex PST-210S1-M Viper PST 2.5-10x44 EBR-1 Riflescope" cost of $599.00 or "Vortex VHS-4305-LR Viper HS 4-16x44 LR Dead-Hold BDC Riflescope" cost around $549.99.

competitor information deleted by MODERATOR.  Warning... no further notices will be given.

Edited by Kickboxer - March/30/2013 at 13:55
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2013 at 12:47
Really a famous online dealer? Do you work for them?

Did you read the rules you agreed to when you sign up here about not posting links to competitors?
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2013 at 12:51
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

IMO this one of the best low light scopes I have ever used for the money. This gives plenty field of view combined with the magnification to stretch the effective range to the max for the 308. Kahles coatings and lens systems provide one of the best and brightest views on the market without adding another $1000 to the price.
Kahles 3.5-10x50 Helia KXi Riflescope Kahles 3.5-10x50 Helia KXi Riflescope
Stock # - KAH10504
  • Matte
  • Illuminated 4-Dot (Red)
  • 1"
  • 2nd Focal Plane
$1,443.00
Add Kahles 3.5-10x50 Helia KXi Riflescope to Cart
Here is a link to a recent Kahles review.
http://www.opticstalk.com/kahles-k312-review-with-pics_topic34813_post498100.html?KW=Kahles#498100

This would be very high on my list.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2013 at 21:26
OK this is what Im currently using and Im happy with it.
 Coyotes can slip in closer than you expect so a 1-4 or a 2.5-10x56 or a 3-9  or a fixed low power compact ACOG 1.5x  or 2x or 3x makes a lot of sense to me.
Trijicon 1-4x24 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope Red Triangle Trijicon 1-4x24 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope
Stock # - TR24R
  • Matte
  • Red Triangle
  • 30mm
$892.50 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic