OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Spotting Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New WA zoom eyepiece [ Kowa ]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New WA zoom eyepiece [ Kowa ]
    Posted: March/23/2013 at 11:17
Well my new sample is finally on the way. It's the TE-11 WZ 25-60X wide zoom for TSN 880/770 series spotting scopes. The optical construction contains 2 XD lenses which is a first for any Kowa eyepiece.and the field of view is approx. 20% wider than our current WA lens. Eye relief is a constant 17 mm throughout the magnification range.

Peddler Cool Cool Cool
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2013 at 14:07
Sounds awesome!
-Matt
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2013 at 19:25
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

Sounds awesome!

Sample arrived when I was on the road maybe I can try it out withe iPhone camera tomorrow. That will be on the Kowa 884.

Peddler     

Pozo47 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pozo47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2013 at 21:26
If someone had a Kowa 884 equipped with a TE-10Z and next to it had another Kowa 884 with the new TE-11WZ eyepiece what difference between the two would one see while looking at animals a 1/2 mile to a mile away?

Thanks
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2013 at 10:28
Originally posted by Pozo47 Pozo47 wrote:

If someone had a Kowa 884 equipped with a TE-10Z and next to it had another Kowa 884 with the new TE-11WZ eyepiece what difference between the two would one see while looking at animals a 1/2 mile to a mile away?

Thanks

# 1 a 20% wider field of view

# 2  the 11WZ has two XD lenses which is a first for Kowa, I don't have one of each scope so I can't
compare two 88's. I have a 770 but that wouldn't be a fair comparison. The 11WZ will be brighter also.

Peddler Cool Cool  Cool

Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2013 at 13:41
The FOV in the TE-11WZ is super duper wide, which is most notable on the high magnification end. It is also quite low distortion. Eye relief is nice. CA control on the 884 with this eyepiece is outstanding.

Very impressive.
-Matt
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2013 at 16:17
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

The FOV in the TE-11WZ is super duper wide, which is most notable on the high magnification end. It is also quite low distortion. Eye relief is nice. CA control on the 884 with this eyepiece is outstanding.

Very impressive.

Yup, eye relief is 17mm across the whole range.

Peddler

JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2013 at 17:00
Peddler......I almost hate to ask......how much cheddar???????  How about you implement a trade in program for the TE10z/TE11Z swap on behalf of Kowa Optimed?  Kowa would surely applaud your efforts for taking care of their customers !  
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2013 at 17:55
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

Peddler......I almost hate to ask......how much cheddar???????  How about you implement a trade in program for the TE10z/TE11Z swap on behalf of Kowa Optimed?  Kowa would surely applaud your efforts for taking care of their customers !  

First they would tell me to take a hike, second the good news is its only about $70.00 more at retail than the 10 and it has 2 XD lenses in it . How did they do it they ain't gonna tell me. I would have guessed that it would have been $200.00 more than the 10. I've only had time to use my sample a little bit but as Bitterroot bulls said its very nice. I had Kowa send him one to review is he reliable to trust to send it back when he's done? I may be down the road as we speak!

Peddler

JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2013 at 19:24
Thanks for the info Peddler.  Will they sell me a sample?  BTW I met one of the bosses of Kowa sport optics at the Dallas Safari Club show last January.  He was manning the booth, and a very nice guy but I can't remember his name.  If I could remember his name I'd call him myself.
Pozo47 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pozo47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2013 at 17:24
[/QUOTE]

# 2  .....  The 11WZ will be brighter also.

Peddler Cool Cool  Cool
[/QUOTE]

More FOV and brighter!

Since Kowa has no "trade in" - Any suggestions of where someone that already has a TE 10 might find a market for it?

Thanks

JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2013 at 19:42
Originally posted by Pozo47 Pozo47 wrote:

# 2  .....  The 11WZ will be brighter also.

Peddler Cool Cool  Cool
[/QUOTE]

More FOV and brighter!

Since Kowa has no "trade in" - Any suggestions of where someone that already has a TE 10 might find a market for it?

Thanks

[/QUOTE]

That's the million $$ question for sure.  I'd guess there's going to be a surplus of the TE10's on the market. 
Pozo47 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pozo47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2013 at 19:56
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

Peddler......  How about you implement a trade in program for the TE10z/TE11Z swap on behalf of Kowa Optimed?  

Ditto  That sounds like a really good idea  Yippee
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic