OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold Alumina Lens caps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarshallNole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold Alumina Lens caps
    Posted: March/18/2013 at 19:32
Probably a dumb question, but anyone know how to install the Leupold Alumina Occualr Eye piece cover on a VX-R patrol? There are no instructions. It looks like it may need to be threaded, but I am not sure. My eye piece on the VX-R patrol is not threaded. Not sure what else I was supposed to buy to get this mounted.
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2013 at 19:39
Originally posted by MarshallNole MarshallNole wrote:

Probably a dumb question, but anyone know how to install the Leupold Alumina Occualr Eye piece cover on a VX-R patrol? There are no instructions. It looks like it may need to be threaded, but I am not sure. My eye piece on the VX-R patrol is not threaded. Not sure what else I was supposed to buy to get this mounted.

I think you have to take the rubber eyepiece off first to see the threads??
MarshallNole View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarshallNole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2013 at 21:55
Can anyone verify this?
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2013 at 04:44
Rustic is correct. Good score. I really like mine. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2013 at 07:46
Exactly, remove the rubber and you'll see the threads
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarshallNole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2013 at 13:55
How does the rubber piece come off? Do you just pull it off? I don't see it in the manual and briefly tried last night but was afraid to damage it.

rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2013 at 14:03
Originally posted by MarshallNole MarshallNole wrote:

How does the rubber piece come off? Do you just pull it off? I don't see it in the manual and briefly tried last night but was afraid to damage it.

It's threaded.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarshallNole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2013 at 07:24
Thanks for the help guys. Got the caps installed. 

I didn't realize the rubber piece was threaded.

These are really nice lens caps. Sort of a pain to get lined up correctly when installing, but you can tell they are quality caps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic