OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

V16 for 180.00 to buy or not

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: V16 for 180.00 to buy or not
    Posted: April/21/2006 at 17:17
I am given an offer to buy a Weaver v16 with the fine crosshair dot reticle for 180.00 the scope looks new and like it has never been mounted before.  What do you all think of this scope and deal.  It would be going on a 22-250.

Thanks
Majja
Bang .... (silence) ... Pop goes the prairie dog.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2006 at 11:04
Had a V16 on a 30 STW a few years ago and it was a decent scope. It tracked very well and had clear optics. For a varmit rifle it should be just fine. Price seems good also.
bobo27 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobo27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2006 at 09:22
I have a V16 on a 7MM STW. Handles the re-coil fine, optics are clear but suffer in low light. People as all the time why I don't upgrade the scope, I tell them why fix something that isn't broke? I have a Zeiss Conquest on my 22-250 3x9 and wished it had more power...
bobo27 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobo27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2006 at 09:24
Oh and price appears to be good. I would take it and if it gives you problems they will fix or replace it no questions asked. I had a 4x20 Simmons Aetec and they replaced it for the V16. I asked for the reduction in power and lesser scope.
jpothof View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpothof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2006 at 21:40
Majja,

I have had this scope on my 7mm STW for the last couple of years.  It has good glass and repeatable clicks.  I'm selling it on ebay because I want something with a plex reticle instead of the fine crosshair.  Feel free to take a look at it http://cgi.ebay.com/Weaver-V16-Riflescope-Scope-Silver-Fine- Crosshair_W0QQitemZ7235977646QQcategoryZ31714QQssPageNameZWD VWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem  It's a really decent scope and has performed well for me.

Take Care,

Jeff

Edited by jpothof
sscoyote View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sscoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2006 at 04:24
Jeff-- i called Weaver awhile back on the V16--and they said they'd change the reticle back to plex for $60.
Steve
Majja View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2006 at 10:24
Thanks for the input guys .. jpothof thanks for the link, good looking scope but the silver just doesnt work for me.  But really thanks for the link.
Bang .... (silence) ... Pop goes the prairie dog.
bobo27 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobo27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2006 at 11:48
That is awesome two STW's using a V16. Mine is Matte Black however. That silver would look great on my SF Sendero. $180.00 I say go for it...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic