OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Reloading & Ballistics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

45acp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 45acp
    Posted: February/26/2013 at 19:12
Reloading for?? Cheap? Difficulty? Have never reload pistol.
Pros and cons??

Edited by rustic - February/26/2013 at 22:56
284winguy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 284winguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2013 at 05:26
 Yes, the 45 acp is a lower pressure round, easy to load for. Most of my plinking loads are a 200 grn plated bullet with a modest charge of H Universal.
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/02/2013 at 12:14
Originally posted by 284winguy 284winguy wrote:

Yes, the 45 acp is a lower pressure round, easy to load for. Most of my plinking loads are a 200 grn plated bullet with a modest charge of H Universal.
Whose plated bullets are you using?
I shoot a lot of X-treme 200gr, but they are hard to get right now, just like everyone else's.
The X-treme bullets have a thicker plating than Berry's and the Flat Points in various weights need seated deeper than others- meplat shape, or something- no big deal. I've worked up some loads with X-treme in different flavors which are very accurate.
X-treme are less expensive than most...
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
284winguy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 284winguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2013 at 07:08
 I have both Berry & Rainier plated bullets, I'd have to go check on the 45 acp. I bought a supply before the latest run on components. I also have some 200 grn cast bullets out of a Lee mold. I plan to fire up the casting pot once warmer weather hits. I cast outside.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/24/2013 at 19:47
In every area there will be an action shooting club. contact them thru the internet, ask where they are getting the bullets. there will be a local caster, (someone using Magnacast stuff), call them up place order meet them . buy bullets. the caster will be more than glad to do this for any size order, it cuts out the middle man. believe me I shoot 50,000 45, 9, and 40 a year.
I love little league baseball-- it keeps the kids out of the house
Yogi Bera

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic