OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Burris Fulfield IITactical

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burris Fulfield IITactical
    Posted: April/20/2006 at 20:02

I have used the search tool, but need more feedback on a specific model.  I have purchased a Remington PSS .308 and will be punching paper and shooting vermin & deer.  I have decided to go with a variable power optic and was looking to buy the Burris w/ballistic plex reticle. 

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/200189/new_burris_4.5-14 x42_fullfield_ii_tactical_rifle_scope.htm

Looking for feedback, good or bad!

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2006 at 01:15
It is a good scope.  All Fullfield IIs are good scopes and hard to beat for the money.  The tactical ones are regular FFII with better knobs.  It should work well for your purposes.

ILya
.308 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2006 at 08:20

ILya:

Thanks for the feedback.  That being said, what about the signature select scopes with target knobs?  I know it is more $$$$, but worth it???

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2006 at 09:49
Whether it is worth the money is your call really.  Signature Select does have better glass.  In my opinion, Signature Select and several other comparable scopes (Elite 4200 et al) are right at the sweetspot of scopes right now: this is where you get a lot tfor the money and to get a significantly better scope you'd have to spend MUCH more.

That having been said, I do not know a whole lot of people if any whoe were disappointed with FFII.

ILya
mary View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2006 at 13:36

Just so that you know the NEW Fulfield II Tactical scopes (Matte & Olive Drab) haven't been released yet from Burris and won't be until May or even possibly June (per Burris).  I can tell you that the FF II Tac. has a Hi-Lum lens multi coating on ALL lens surfaces.  That gives an optical clarity while the TAC -2 adjustment knobs provide ease-of-use and accessibility.  The specs for the new FF II Tac are the same as the FF II line.  The only difference is that the weight is 1/2 oz larger .  For example the Burris 3-9x40 FF II weight is 13oz and you just add 1/2 oz to that for the 3-9x40 FF II Tac. scopes. All other information is still the same.  The length which is 12.2", eye relief 3.8"-3.1" etc... I hope this information helps.  If you would like more information on this item, it is listed in there new catalog on page 20.  Or you could give them a call at (970) 356-1670.. If there is anything else I left out let me know.

Mary

Edited by mary
I thrive on knowledge...Help me learn....
.308 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2006 at 23:13

Thanks.  I did not realize these are not available yet.  From this website, looks like they're in stock. 

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2006 at 09:20

Often you must pre-order products that are in high demand. First come First served. So if you really want one then lay your money on the table.  If I was going to buy a Burris this is the one I would get and it should be available by now as it came out last year, I have only seen one of them and it was the green one without the illuminated reticle and it was an awesome scope great glass 30mm tube really surprised me how clear it was at closer distances under 50 yds, this is a very solid scope:

201911 Burris 3-12x50 Xtreme Tactical XTR 30mm Rifle Scope Burris 3-12x50 Xtreme Tactical XTR 30mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Illuminated Ballistic Mil-Dot
  • 30mm
  • Side Focus
  • 26 ounces
SWFA: $709.95

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mary View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2006 at 14:59

Yes, placing your order does help.  That way you are in line for the new item when it comes in stock.  If you have any other questions let me know.

Mary

I thrive on knowledge...Help me learn....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic