OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Nikon .300 Blackout Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Nikon .300 Blackout Scope
    Posted: February/25/2013 at 12:13
Nikon Engineers New Riflescope for .300 AAC Blackout

The .300 AAC Blackout has taken the industry by storm and is considered one of the hottest new cartridges for hunting feral hogs with AR/MSR platform rifles. This versatile cartridge provides the ability to shoot subsonic ammunition for low-noise applications and supersonic ammunition for longer-range shots. Nikon has developed the all-new P-300 BLK riflescope to embrace both applications and to harness the effectiveness of this exciting new caliber.

"When you look at what the .300 Blackout cartridge can do in terms of effectiveness, it really is an amazing caliber. Nikon is excited to jump into the mix and give shooters a riflescope that was designed from the ground up to match the ballistic profiles of .300 AAC Blackout," said Jon LaCorte, senior product marketing manager of Nikon Sport Optics.

The P-300 BLK comes in 2-7x32 magnification with an all-new BDC SuperSub reticle that is calibrated for use with both supersonic and subsonic ammunition and is fully compatible with Spot On™ Ballistic Match Technology. The BDC SuperSub reticle offers shooters unique, open circle aiming points out to 600 yards, in 100-yard increments, with additional hash-marks at 50-yard distances. It is built with Nikon's Fully Multicoated optical system with up to 98% light transmission, which offers bright, high-resolution viewing, even in low light situations.

Making adjustments in the field is now incredibly easy with Nikon's spring-loaded instant zero-reset turrets. Just sight in at 100 yards, then lift the adjustment knob, rotate to your "zero," and re-engage. Hand-turn reticle adjustments are made in ¼-inch click-stop moves that can be felt and heard. The P-300 BLK is waterproof, fogproof and backed by Nikon's full lifetime warranty. MSRP for the P-300 BLK is $199.95.

Like all Nikon riflescopes, the P-300 BLK is optimized for use with Spot On Ballistic Match Technology. The Spot On program provides users with exact aiming points on the BDC reticle for any load or ammunition at a specified range. Spot On is free online at nikonhunting.com/spoton but it can also be purchased for mobile devices, including the iPhone®, iPad® and Android™ platforms.

Nikon Inc. is the U.S. distributor of Nikon sports and recreational optics, world-renowned Nikon 35mm cameras, digital cameras, speedlights and accessories, Nikkor lenses and electronic imaging products.

For more information on Nikon's full line of Riflescopes, Binoculars, Fieldscopes and Laser Rangefinders, please contact: Nikon Sport Optics, 1300 Walt Whitman Rd., Melville, NY 11747-3064, or call 1-800-645-6687. www.nikonsportoptics.com.

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2013 at 12:17
I see the link to your offering, but don't see the blackout-specific version listed.  Did I miss it?
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2013 at 12:20
We do not have them up yet so I was not able to link to their department so I linked to the general Nikon scope department for now.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2013 at 12:25
Interesting, RC I tested the Browe specific blackout and it bombed,  you wanna test this oneBucky
J/K
For the price I'll definatly get one to test
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/25/2013 at 12:33
The Leupold .300 Blackout version looks promising as well.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2013 at 15:18
http://swfa.com/Nikon-2-7x32-P300-Riflescope-P61433.aspx
Nikon 2-7x32 P300 Riflescope Nikon 2-7x32 P300 Riflescope
Stock # - NIK6797
$199.95 
Nikon 2-7x32 P300 Riflescope
Specifications
Weight (oz): 16.1
Length (in): 11.5
Eye Relief (in): 3.8
Field of View @ 100 yards (ft): 44.5 - 12.7
Exit Pupil (mm): 16 - 4.6
MOA: 1/4
Parallax Setting (yds): 100

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
priler View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote priler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2013 at 20:50
  this should be good for 7.62x39 too.

supersonic.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 14:48
Anyone test the Leupold or the Nikon yet?  Specifically on a 300blk shooting subs AND supers, that is.

Another 300blk in the works, needs an optic.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2013 at 15:07

I never got around to it,  But being I tested the Browe, your up for the NikonBig Grin

Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2013 at 10:16
This one gauge a lot of interest at the NRA show.

I told several of the guys that I spoke with about the OT and not to be shy about writing a review about it on our website and also admonished to them to join Optics Talk and show some actions shots with the rig, but I have not seen anything yet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2013 at 10:40
If it were illuminated, I'd give it a try.  Less that, I might need to give the Leupold a try.  It'd be my first Leupold in a long, long while.

Or, I could just get a SS1-6 and be done.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2013 at 10:51
RC I haven't seen Leupold's MR/T, but I would agree with the 1-6.

Get one and be done.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2013 at 11:08
Does the 1-6SS have 5 mils on the reticle?

At 100 yards, my drop is about 5 mils from super to sub, so a mil reticle can work.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2013 at 11:09
I'd like to try the Nikon but again still feeling the pain from the Browe so I ain't jumped on it.  If one popped up on the SL for demo I'd punce on it and do a review. 
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Capt. BlowHard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2013 at 11:23
RC yes is does.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2013 at 16:06
Well I've not seen many reviews on this scope so I just put an order in with CFII to get one to evaluate. 

Hopefully its worth more than the Browe Blackout scope wasBucky
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic