OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Prairie dogs may have to wait...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chem-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prairie dogs may have to wait...
    Posted: February/17/2013 at 12:10
This ammo shortage is rediculous. Like most every member on here I have a good supply, but I'm not sure I want to go shoot a couple thousand rounds at prairie dogs until ammo gets more available. Arghhh!!!!
Breath, Relax, Aim, Stop, Squeeze...
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2013 at 13:56
Tell me about it. I started building a 223 bolt action about a yr ago just for p-dogs and varmints cause the ammo was affordable. Loco Or so it use to be. With midwest farming hit so hard lately I hope we don't see a return of critter overrun due to ammo cost/shortages...............
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2013 at 10:46
I hear ya, Chem-man! I too want to go shoot some pd's this year, but even though I have plenty of powder and probably plenty of bullets, I'm low on primers, and I don't see availability getting back to normal maybe within the next year.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2013 at 11:46
There in lies the big dilema....  I have reloading supplies for all my centerfires but we are all SOL for all things rimfire once supplies dry up...
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/19/2013 at 01:54
Welcome to Africa !!!!! Must be since you got this new president. In our country we have severe shortages of only what one needs and then one has to wait for THAT CONTAINER THAT WILL ARRIVE NEXT WEEK.
For the things one does not need there is millions of $$$$ of stuff on the gunshops shelves.

You want 243 cal 110gr bullets, sorry sold out, but you can have 90gr. You want 90gr, then sorry, we are sold out, but you can have 110.....!!!!!!!!!AAAAAGGHHHH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic