OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

weaver 3-15 vs viper pst 4-16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jselsor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: weaver 3-15 vs viper pst 4-16
    Posted: February/16/2013 at 12:56
title says it all cant deside between weaver tactical 3-15x50 vs viper pst 4-16x50. Cast your votes and if  anyone has any experience with these please pass along. This will be going on a RRA lar-8 varmint 308
Dont take yourself to seriously
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2013 at 15:29
I have the 4-16X50 PST, and it is a real workhorse with excellent tracking, adequate glass, and a fantastic illuminated reticle.

I have heard great things about the Weaver also.
-Matt
Rainman View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2013 at 21:22
I'm equally happy with my Weaver 3-15 Tactical and would choose it again based on my experience so far.  I have also looked at and heard good things about the Vortex PST scopes but have not had a chance to use one yet.  From comments on the board I don't think you would regret either choice. 
venatic View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2013 at 20:06
I have used both and still have two Weavers. I give the edge to Weaver on glass and the easy resettable turrets but the Vortex has excellent tracking and the overall appearance and zero stop are reasons to consider it as well. If higher quality glass is not a priority then I give the edge to Vortex.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic