OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Cali gun bill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2013 at 10:35
I tell ya... I've never been so pleased with the results of my vote as I have been for the vote I cast for TX Senator Ted Cruz in the last election!

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/339816/unconventional-ted-cruz-andrew-stiles
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2013 at 10:47
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

I tell ya... I've never been so pleased with the results of my vote as I have been for the vote I cast for TX Senator Ted Cruz in the last election!

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/339816/unconventional-ted-cruz-andrew-stiles

Come on Texas, share the love (Senator Cruz)!!!  Big Smile
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2013 at 10:52
Sounds like a good guy Ted.  A sane voice in the asylum.
God save the Empire!
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2013 at 11:07
The truth is with all that is going on in this nation. The one issue is the 800 pound gorilla in the room no... the whale in the room. Our debt/unfunded liability's. Our debt is over 16 trillion so, if you started counting to that number one number every second it would take well over 5 hundred thousand years to get to 16 trillion then... add 100+ trillion in unfunded liability's to deal with.

The facts are there is NO WAY out of this even... if EVERYONE was on board the fix-it train.
The fact is PC'ness is making the road to denial and weeeee... are all along for the ride whether we like it or not.

The 47%(now 50+%) has made this nations bed - it sucks - we HAVE hit the point of no return.

There are all sorts of quotes eluding to the situation we find ourselves in - the one about the "in debt" being slaves of those owning "the debt" comes to mind... as the most suitable??
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2013 at 13:03
sticking to guns for the moment, northern cal has been trying to get rid of southern cal for a long time-(water,labor etc.) its like two different states. Ted perhaps you should look into trusts, if those are more your areas of concern. I have no doubt that some elements of the US would try confiscation, I'm simply saying that it will be met with armed resistence. If those elements of the US want to deal with another WACO that is what will happen. I'm betting they don't. All Obama needs right now is another Kent State situation to really lame duck his presd. Most police encounters  (happily-I guess) are with non-trained crazies etc. Confiscation will only bring out the trained and well equiped. Some of those 50's out there have already targeted Apaches, vital transport functions, communication etc. This is one of the reasons that so much is coming out on approved Drone attacks on US citizens, and also one reason this discussion should be getting more talk than some Ars.

edit to tone down a bit.
I love little league baseball-- it keeps the kids out of the house
Yogi Bera

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2013 at 13:45
Dale, sorry you're right, we're pretty much sayin' the same thing about Southern Kali... I'm working on emotion right now.

Edited by mike650 - February/11/2013 at 14:09
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2013 at 15:00
sorry you think its bs, but address the issues, would n. cal like to get rid of so cal yes or no? ans. yes, can they? another subject completely.  What no cal has lost in those two lakes is nothing compared to the water fight to stop them from getting the water out of the snake,colorado and green rivers. The lastest is stopping the pipe line out of lake powell.
getting back to gun issues-- a lot of folks feel confiscation is a pivitol issue, sort of if that falls then the rest will, and have drawn the line in the sand sort of speak. Of course this is a slippery slope logic, like the one Nixon used "if nam falls so will the rest" etc. and incorrect.(no causality). Also  some folks here as well as elsewhere noted that if the large fed. budget causes economic collapse then this could accelerate a showdown on fed control at the state and local level. I am not saying that Cal. is lost or that north cal can change what socal wants to do. I am saying it was lost along time ago. Other states such as wyo have already passed laws stopping fed from doing this very thing. 10 years ago. currently the Utah gov. will either be signing or vetoing a bill allowing congressional carry. No permit needed. (as people haven't been doing it sense the 20's and yes ted the cops looked the other way). Why would the NRA or anyother organization want to pursue this issue used (in a really broad sense here) in cal or ny when they know they can win on a national front? Having a clear cut definitionof amendment rights may make you feel warm and fuzzy but have little to do with what really happens. This has been going on with the 1st amend. for as long as I can remember.
I love little league baseball-- it keeps the kids out of the house
Yogi Bera

rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2013 at 16:58

China surpassed the U.S. to become the world’s biggest trading nation last year as measured by the sum of exports and imports of goods, official figures from both countries show.
U.S. exports and imports of goods last year totaled $3.82 trillion, the U.S. Commerce Department said last week. China’s customs administration reported last month that the country’s trade in goods in 2012 amounted to $3.87 trillion.

Thursday afternoon, the Federal Reserve revealed that its holdings of U.S. government debt had increased to an all-time record of $1,696,691,000,000 as of the close of business on Wednesday.

The Fed's holdings of U.S. government debt have increased by 257 percent since President Barack Obama was first inaugurated on Jan. 20, 2009, and the Fed is currently the single largest holder of U.S. government debt.

As of the end of November, according to the U.S. Treasury, entities in Mainland China owned about $1,170,100,000,000 in U.S. government debt, making China the largest foreign holder of U.S. government debt.

When Obama was inaugurated in 2009, the Fed owned $475.322 billion in U.S. government debt. As of the close of business on Wednesday, Jan. 23, the Fed owned $1.696691 trillion in U.S. government debt, up $1.221369 trillion during Obama's first term.

Since Obama has been president, the publicly held portion of the U.S. government debt (as opposed to the "intragovernmental" deb the government has borrowed from federal trust funds such as the Social Security Trust Fund) has increased by $5,264,245,866,257.40. The $1.221369 in additional U.S. government debt the Fed has purchased during Obama's presidency equals 23 percent of all the new publicly held debt the Treasury has issued during that time.
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2013 at 13:52
While our country may look fine from the outside looking in. The moral decay, financial stupidity and control freak nature recently of our federal government.
We have seen this in history before... The Roman Empire.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic