OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

How much better is HD glass

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2013 at 03:31
HD means "high definition" the others without "HD" do not. ;)
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2013 at 08:20
Maybe itss thee Irisssh in mee.

Chromaaticc Abbberration.  Roles off thee tongue.

In this discussion nothing can be said of Lenses Regardless of manufacturer that leave nothing to chance and are designed properly.

There is nothing finer than viewing things through a proper lense that controls the CA, and has good contrast and allows for resolving things at great distances so much you get a little giddy.

Conversely nothing worse can be said of a Scope Assembler or Desiger than to make claims that are erroneus or false.

To me HD is one of those terms, a kind of ambiguity that is misleading and is inherently flawed.

ED or low dispersion glass is a clear definition that leaves nothing to wonder.

I would like to see ED glass used in the next build without any over inflated price.  It is BS that we cannot have a higher quality scope that uses ED lenses come out of the awesome and timely efforts and blow all the competition away without the over inflated prices.  Profit is not a dirty word but imagine the hoopla.

No one
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2013 at 09:18
This is exactly the kind of thread that endeared me to this site... and keeps me coming back.  Thanks guys!  Now, I'm going to go play with my tool....er, I mean my optics. Big Grin   two rifle/scopes combos that need sighted-in.  Sure wish I would have bought more ammo before all the dumbasses bought up all the stock!
take em!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic