OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

disarm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: disarm
    Posted: January/28/2013 at 14:40
San Diego Police Chief, William Lansdowne said in an interview that the implementation of new gun laws will take guns off the streets of America within a generation.

According to San Diego 6, Lansdowne said that it may take a generation but guns will eventually be taken off the streets through new laws like Senator Dianne Feinstein's proposed assault weapons ban
Trigger slap View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger slap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2013 at 15:19

Dear Frank,

President Obama and his anti-gun pals know the first step to CONFISCATING every firearm in America is registering them.

Not just "some" guns. But every single one.

That's why every speech and comment from Barack Obama, Dianne Feinstein, Joe Biden and the other anti-gun loudmouths, starts with a demand for "universal background checks" or "expanded background checks" or "grand-fathered gun checks."

Don't be fooled. Those background checks are gun registration.

Time and again anti-gun state and federal bureaucrats have been caught keeping records of the checks, including the name of the gun owner and the specific gun purchased.

Besides, would you ever want to trust Barack Obama or Eric Holder?

Of course not!

That's why the National Association for Gun Rights is standing opposed to ALL efforts to give the federal government more information on gun owners.

But after an appearance by NRA President David Keene on CBS, the Associated Press stated:

"The head of the National Rifle Association says the organization has no problem with tighter background checks of gun purchasers.

[Keene said] the NRA is 'generally supportive' of them
."

And sadly, that's not even close to the worst of it.

Frank, believe me, I wish I didn't have to write you this email.

In a moment, I will give you a link to NAGR's No Gun Ban petition that I urge you to sign immediately.

If you've already signed the petition, please read this entire letter and then forward it to every pro-Second Amendment friend and family member you have -- preferably with a personal note urging them to join the fight.

You see, this may be the most important letter I have ever sent you.

And if you and I are going to win this fight -- the biggest danger our Second Amendment rights have faced in a generation -- we have to be willing to look all of the facts square in the face, even those we may not like.

You see, President Obama and his anti-gun pals are pushing hard for "universal background checks" on ALL gun sales and transfers -- even just handing a hunting rifle down to your son.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the only way to enforce the scheme is for the federal government to keep a national gun registry of every gun and every gun owner in America.

That's why the Feinstein Gun Ban forces owners of all grandfathered weapons to register their guns in a national database.

And if the NRA is signaling a surrender on handing President Obama and his anti-gun pals more information about American gun owners, I shudder to think what deals may get cut as the anti-gun hysteria gets whipped to a frenzy just before a House or Senate vote.

Since their President came out publicly in support of a new "background check" national gun registration scheme, the NRA did issue one public statement pointing out some of the dangers I told you about weeks ago.

I was hoping that would signal a change in direction.

But now The Hill is reporting:

"Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) said Thursday [January 24] that he was working on a bill with Senate colleagues and the National Rifle Association (NRA) that would implement universal background checks, a major component of President Obama's proposed gun-control reforms . . .

'I'm working with the NRA, to be honest with you, and talking to them
.'"

Of course, the NRA is now denying all of it -- denying they're "talking to" one of their anti-gun, "A-rated" Democrats about expanding gun control.

I hope that's true, but this story has gone back and forth so many times, it's making me seasick.

This is the absolute WORST thing that could result out of the Newtown tragedy!

Full-scale national gun registration under the guise of background checks?!?!

But unfortunately, this is not the only place where the NRA is signaling pre-emptive surrender.

Just a few days ago, news broke that President Obama was enlisting "Obamacare" doctors to begin snooping on gun owners in the name of taking away guns from those with "mental illness."

After going dark on Facebook for days after the Newtown tragedy, the NRA signaled its support for a national mental health database at its December 21 press conference.

In fact, the NRA's Executive Vice President, Wayne LaPierre, stated:

"We have a completely cracked mentally ill system that's got these monsters walking the streets . . .

"How can we possibly even guess how many, given our nation's refusal to create an active national database of the mentally ill
?"

As I'm sure you agree, no one ever wants to be forced to deal with an armed madman.

But don't be fooled.

The "mental health" issue is a ruse to hand government bureaucrats the power to STRIP Second Amendment supporters of their God-given right to keep and bear arms, without trial or conviction by a jury of peers.

38 states have some sort of mental health database, and they're already being used to strip law-abiding Americans of their Second Amendment rights.

In fact, studies show that over 100,000 military veterans have been stripped of their gun rights already just from acknowledging stress on returning from war.

And one former Surgeon General estimated that 46.4% of Americans will have mental health issues at some point in their lives!

That should give you some idea of just how many law-abiding Americans can be stripped of their gun rights with "mental health" charges alone.

But how long until the gun-grabbers start adding folks they denote as "threats" to public safety to any Federal "Mental Health" No Gun Database?

Just a few years ago, the Department of Homeland Security issued documents calling those with the "wrong" Presidential candidates' bumper stickers on their cars possible terrorist threats.

Now, one West Point think tank is warning about "far right" threats from those who support "civil activism, individual freedoms, and self government."

Do you really trust President Obama to play fair with the massive new power he'd have with a National Mental Health Database?

I don't.

But sadly, this is the way the NRA has operated for some time.

After the Columbine tragedy in 1999 -- and the media frenzy that followed -- the NRA sent similar signals to the Clinton Administration.

NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre even stated his organization supported the very so-called "Gun Free Zone" policies that ensure bloodthirsty lunatics never run into armed opposition when they go on a rampage.

At their 1999 convention in Colorado, Wayne LaPierre stated:

"First, we believe in absolutely gun-free, zero-tolerance, t

How can we call it unalienable when we allow it to be suspended revoked or restricted?
M1Thumb View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1Thumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/28/2013 at 21:38
It would be nice if we could get some of the media on our side they way they are siding with the antigunners.....
Geo-spatially speaking you missed :o)
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/30/2013 at 00:06
what about fox news? they seem to be on our side.
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2013 at 12:15
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2013 at 13:30
Any representative that introduces a bill contrary to the constitution should automatically be convicted for treason.To raise money a lottery may be held for any citizens who want to be on the legal firing squad.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2013 at 14:39
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger slap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2013 at 17:13
  Horse Poopin Kentucky too    LocoSnake                              http://www.nraila.org/media/10873958/ky_omnibus_firearms_bill.pdf
How can we call it unalienable when we allow it to be suspended revoked or restricted?
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2013 at 17:26
It is time to stand up... or kneel down....
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2013 at 15:42
The politicians in Ohio and Missouri and elsewhere around the nation who are calling for the confiscation of guns have embraced tyranny in their pursuit of the illusions of power.
They may have an inkling that American citizens will resist them and that the blood of Patriots and ordinary citizens will be spilled.
What these politicians do not yet understand is that the blood on their hands will be not only from the victims of their tyranny, but from their own throats.
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger slap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/15/2013 at 15:59
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2013 at 14:14
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger slap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2013 at 15:55
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2013 at 19:55
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2013 at 16:07
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2013 at 16:38
The way this whole business is going, I am considering going into politics.  If you can't beat them, join them.

Ilya
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2013 at 16:58
Speaking of Bull Sh*t, DiFi is so full of it in this interview. It's so unbelievable that no one is calling her out on this live while she rambles on.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/joe-schoffstall/feinstein-gun-control-all-police-support-my-gun-ban

All the police are behind her is total crap. Maybe police chiefs in many of the major cities are; they're no longer cops anyways, just politicians in uniforms trying to get money for their departments.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2013 at 17:18
Same ole same ole, If you tell the lie long enough the subjects start believing it.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2013 at 20:33

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/04/2013 at 21:06
Well put Wes Thunbs Up Excellent
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic