OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

home land security

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: home land security
    Posted: January/25/2013 at 11:31
when finding a list of the proposed banned guns, I came accross an article that home land security had a contract for $45000 in 40 s&w to add to their current stockpile of over 1 billion rounds, (yup read it several times) anyone heard about this?
is HLS trying to bailout ATK from a surplus situation or something else going on?
I love little league baseball-- it keeps the kids out of the house
Yogi Bera

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 11:48
I read an article that CLAIMS HLS is trying to dry up the supply of popular ammo for pistols and rifles, and that they purchased more ammo in a year than was used in Afganistan in a year. HLS claims they are using the ammo for training and that they include a lot of different agencies.
Make of it what you will. I'm not convinced either way.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 16:21
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

I read an article that CLAIMS HLS is trying to dry up the supply of popular ammo for pistols and rifles, and that they purchased more ammo in a year than was used in Afganistan in a year. HLS claims they are using the ammo for training and that they include a lot of different agencies.
Make of it what you will. I'm not convinced either way.

Sounds like an Obammy tactic. Hippie
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 16:26
Hmmmmm.....Stare

An alarmist may tell you that they are preparing to use this ammo against the nations citizenry?  
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 16:36
I have seen articles saying the IRS, social security admin, and others are buying ammo.

But here is what the NRA has to say about it.  http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/articles/2012/federal-law-enforcement-agencies-buy-ammunition.aspx
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 16:49
Still not sure why IRS and Social Security agents need to be armed with semi automatic weapons, while we "serfs" are, according to our illustrious VP, to defend ourselves with shotguns.....Bucky

Y'all see that? What an ass hat!! 

Every time I hear that oxygen thief speak, my IQ drops a couple more points.  
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 16:55
No kidding.  It would be pretty tough to defend a perimeter during a riot or something with a double barrel shotgun.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 17:38
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Still not sure why IRS and Social Security agents need to be armed with semi automatic weapons, while we "serfs" are, according to our illustrious VP, to defend ourselves with shotguns.....Bucky

Awesome! I'm stealing that one!
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 17:42
All kiddin aside. Don't under estimate the shotgun. In most situations I preferr it. I've got a slug setup that will punch nice groups out to 200yds. And 000 buck!! Don't get me started!! If things ever did go south you will deal with more in your face action than you'll care for. Ar's and such will cause much more collateral damage. I always demonstrate to new shooters the devastation that #8's will do inside 20yds.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 17:54
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

All kiddin aside. Don't under estimate the shotgun. In most situations I preferr it. I've got a slug setup that will punch nice groups out to 200yds. And 000 buck!! Don't get me started!! If things ever did go south you will deal with more in your face action than you'll care for. Ar's and such will cause much more collateral damage. I always demonstrate to new shooters the devastation that #8's will do inside 20yds.

No, I get it, Sarge. I too LOVE my 12 gauge Mossberg and pick up that up over a pistol. CQB...give me the shotgun. 

I was just gagging listening to Vice Prez Ass Clown lecture the public on the fact that Daddy's double barrel was plenty enough firepower HE DEEMED necessary for our self defense. 

The shotgun is plenty of defense for would be burglars or a home invasion, no doubt.  

stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 17:54
Amen Sgt.D.............
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 19:40

Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

No, I get it, Sarge. I too LOVE my 12 gauge Mossberg and pick up that up over a pistol. CQB...give me the shotgun. 

I was just gagging listening to Vice Prez Ass Clown lecture the public on the fact that Daddy's double barrel was plenty enough firepower HE DEEMED necessary for our self defense. 

The shotgun is plenty of defense for would be burglars or a home invasion, no doubt.  

I don't know how you can listen to any of em. I have to leave the room or change the channel at the sight of em. How so many out there mindlessly watch these (can't even find a word that fits) deliberately wreck the economy completely disgusts me. And I'm sayin it nice as I can for ya'll's sake!!. 

As for shotgus,
For 9 months I carried the M249 SAW a M16, 92 Beretta and 870 shotgun on most convoys we ran. As great as the SAW was with 100rd drums I still preferred the 870 with 00. Just as effective and a heck of a lot more managable. Especially since the SAW was turret mounted 50% of the time. The M16 and 9mm was my backup that fortunatly I didn't need.
Thinkin back its no wonder my back didn't hold up. On top of the Porcelain body armor I was carryin 8 30rd mags for the 16, 4 mags for the 9, 25 00buck plus the weapons locked and loaded and keepin extra ammo in the truck with the SAW and 870. Plus a camelback and rations bag. Makes me hurt just thinkin about it.

But the experience was priceless. Wish I was over with KB right now.

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 19:48
I too keep mr. mossberg close at hand for cqb. about 20 years ago, I was returning from target practice with a new pistol.. ( s&w model 25-5 w/ 8.5" bbl. ) and still had it on my side. A police officer who was in the parking lot of the apartment complex asked me if I was expecting trouble. I told him, no sir, if I was expecting trouble I would have brought my shotgun.
Sometimes my tongue outruns my brain and I say something I haven't thought of yet!
M1Thumb View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M1Thumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 21:50
Ya cannot beat a street sweeper for quieting folks down - a Mossberg racking a round tends to be louder than the crowd you are dealing with :o) yeah they may put you back together after taking a .30 cal round or 2 but a close range shotgun blast NOPE!
Geo-spatially speaking you missed :o)
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2013 at 06:19
No matter what you get shot with it will ruin your whole day.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mil169 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mil169 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2013 at 09:26

I agree 100%, and I'll add that everytime I see a pic of Obama I feel like puking.
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2013 at 10:41
Wow. I never dogged the shotgun as i too use one for home defense and think it is a fantastic choice. I was referring specifically to bidens comment that we would be better off with a double barrel than the any the guns they are trying to ban.

Trigger slap View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger slap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2013 at 10:54

Dear Patriot,

We are told that the attack on our Constitutional right to bear arms is for our own good. We are told that our individual rights are actually based in the 'collective' and that sometimes those rights must change 'for the greater good'. We are manipulated with the words that 'we must do something' to address gun violence if it means that even one life will be saved. We are told that no person outside of police or military should need an assault weapon (never mind the fact that they pervert what an assault weapon truly is to instill fear in the masses). 

Yet, despite all the propaganda Americans have been fed in attempt to get us to give up a little bit of our freedom due to the acts of madmen; despite the fact that cities with strict gun control bans have the most violence because criminals, by definition, do not obey the law; despite the political theater that we have been subjected to by pundits, politicians, and the supposedly unbiased news media; we now find out that, according to some of our elected officials, WE ARE NOT ALL EQUAL UNDER THE LAW.

It is bad enough that Democrat Senator Diane Feinstein (CA) has proposed a national attack on our gun rights. Today, it has been revealed that although she wants to take your handguns, rifles and other weapons away from you, she wants to exempt all government officials from her proposed gun ban! If you needed any more evidence that in our government officials eyes we are beneath them in stature and should bow down before them in reverence, then this is it. Their message is 'guns are bad for you, but the are good for us'. Their message is 'we are entitled to protect ourselves and our families with firearms if necessary, but you cannot'

The message that Senator Feinstein and all who support her bill are sending is that their lives, families, and property are valuable and worth defending; yours, however, is not. Send them a message that you will not have your Second Amendment rights attacked, infringed upon, or taken away. Sign our petition in support of the right to bear arms today!

How can we call it unalienable when we allow it to be suspended revoked or restricted?
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2013 at 17:17
Back to Dale Clifford.....I read last year somewhere that that huge order was blamed on a clerical error....
Visit the Ed Show
Trigger slap View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger slap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2013 at 12:50
How can we call it unalienable when we allow it to be suspended revoked or restricted?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic