OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

My 08 'Stang

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 08 'Stang
    Posted: January/24/2013 at 18:34
So, i figured i'd finally post some pictures of the toy i added to the family a few months back. Got an absolutely incredible deal on this beauty and figured she'd help push back any mid life crisis in the process. Big Grin 

To many upgrades to mention and i bought it with less than 14k miles on it for 23K....car was very well taken care of and barely driven over it's 4+ years prior to me buying it. Only live once right, and God bless a wife that was ok with the purchase. That and her dad is a Ford/Mustang NUT! He owns a 65 coupe, a 70 Mach 1, 92 LX, and his wife has an 07 GT. Big Grin Needless to say, he was quite pleased with my purchase.

GT Premium
V8 4.6L
Shaker scoop
Roush louvers
Roush CAI
Twin TB 62mm
Vapor metallic (only made that color 1 year i believe)
Flowmaster duel exhaust (sounds incredible)

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2013 at 18:36
Love the Stangs! Very nice!
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2013 at 18:44
The funny thing is i was NEVER a ford guy for most of my life. I never liked the Mustangs until they came out with the retro look in 05 i believe it was. My first car was a 98 Trans AM WS6 when i was in the military (things you buy when you're 19 lol). I have to say though, i absolutely love this car and pretty much everything Ford has done recently.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
rustic View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2013 at 18:47
Pretty sweet.

Carbon tax ready?? ;)
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2013 at 18:52
NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT
The one that caught my eye at the Ford dealer when I was having my truck serviced was a 2010 GT with the 4.6 liter V8. It was black with red trim and interior too.
What kind of gas milage do you get Paul? My old Crown Vic police car got pretty good milage with tyhe 4.6 and it would haul ass right up to 105 where the chip would cut 2 cylinders out.
Please please tell me more.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/24/2013 at 20:11
I'm actually getting pretty solid gas mileage. I only have about 7 miles, one way to work, so i don't run her very hard, most of the time Wink. I think the last reading i remember was like 17.5ish miles per, and that's all "city" driving. Out on the highway, i'm pushing 22 or 23 so it's better than my Ram 1500.  

It idles REALLY NICE. The folks at work have pretty much all paid me compliments at some point or another on the sound. From about 55 to low 60's it's got a real deep, mean growl to it, and then it levels off above that on the highway.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 06:35
Nice
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 06:44
I like the color. 
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 06:50
That's about the same milage a friend of mine gets with his 2010 Crown Vic with a 4.6.
I'm assuming your's has a pretty firm suspension. The one thing my friend noticed between his police car (a Crown Vic) and his POV was the suspension. The police cars had a pretty high g-rating and handled and cornered well.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 07:24
It sticks corners better than my Trans Am did and definitely is notch better in ride comfort and overall handling. I'm really suprised at how well it handles the country road driving as that's mainly what i'm on.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 07:29
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

I like the color. 

Thanks Brandon. It blew me away when i first saw it on auto trader and then it was even better in person. It pairs perfectly with the black stripes.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 07:38
Awesome Stang, Paul! My dad had one spec'd out just like yours, except in a burgundy red. My sister ended up with it after he passed away.

I'm with Brandon; I love that silver color too! I does look great with the black stripes!

Way cool!Excellent

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 07:39
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 07:50
That sure is pretty S7, I'm very envious - you don't buy one of those if gas mileage is a real priority, you buy a Vespa
God save the Empire!
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 07:50
Stop it G, those links are making my trapped youth get excited. Big Grin
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 07:52
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

Awesome Stang, Paul! My dad had one spec'd out just like yours, except in a burgundy red. My sister ended up with it after he passed away.

I'm with Brandon; I love that silver color too! I does look great with the black stripes!

Way cool!Excellent

Thanks Ted.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 08:03
Almost every sports car I've had I had to go forced induction.......  Infinity had a super, STI had a big ole snail, and the lightning had a stage 3 super on it.....  I love boostBoozer
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 08:08
That there is one pretty pony. Congrats.Excellent
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 08:10
Originally posted by shooter07 shooter07 wrote:

Stop it G, those links are making my trapped youth get excited. Big Grin

bring it down here, I got a buddy who dose nothing but baddas fords. I'll get you a hook up. only thing is motor then boost.
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2013 at 08:23
Well my brother does live in GA, so i'd have an excuse to come down lol.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic